On Parallel Processing...

MonarKay

I thought I was the only one with this problem, which gave me some doubts that it was me parroting, but I got over that quick and came to the same conclusions that it takes time for them to start thinking on their own.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was the only one with this problem, which gave me some doubts that it was me parroting, but I got over that quick and came to the same conclusions that it takes time for them to start thinking on their own.

Fucking this. I've been in a state of distress almost, because Kat has been vocal for a couple of weeks, and still doesn't seem to think about things that I'm not thinking about. Although I haven't "Gotten over that quick" yet, seeing as how it's still a problem. I'll let her know this. Thank you OP, for letting me know I'm not the only one out there with this problem.

Name: Kat

Form: A Japanese school girl... I think.

Birthday: 7/18/12

Personal signature: This whole being a tulpa thing is... Weird.

Stage: Vocal, working on imposition

I have two theories about why tulpae aren't fully autonomous from the start (spoilered because my theory can influence the way your tulpa acts by you believing what I said has to be true):

1. Hosts aren't able to perfectly translate (to mindvoice) or understand the thoughts the tulpa sends them, which means that sometimes they translate their thought in a way that simplifies it and makes it look obvious. The reason why they can't hear thoughts without paying attention to the tulpa is because they don't notice them unless they are paying attention.

2. Tulpae aren't able to function fully (in the thinking sense, ignore stuff like imposition) if they aren't given attention by the host or other tulpae, if they aren't in the body or at least controlling it (or if they were in it at least once), if you don't assume they can function fully or if they aren't mature (not in the physiological nor in psychological sense, but in some way tulpae themselves mature).

From my experience it both of the theories could be right at the same time. The tulpa not being autonomous unless one of the above mentioned stuff is probably true. And parallel processing tests fail, you hear your tulpa mainly when you think about them and the answers they give seem obvious because you slightly alter their responses (probably when you are translating their thoughts).

I think this, because my own tulpae proved their autonomy many times. e.g. by altering the wonderland when I wasn't there, helping me remember some chain of thought I forgot (and I wasn't even aware she could communicate with me at the time), getting my attention to start a talk. But at the same time many of the parallel processing tests I have done failed, which I think could be caused by me rather than them.

On the one hand, I'm sorry so many people are having this problem. On the other hand, I'm glad we're not the only ones. =p

Purlox, I'd like to read you're spoiler-post, but I don't know if it's a good idea. Could someone please read it and tell me if I should or not?

tl;dr tulpae have to mature before they can do advanced things like parallel processing/the host needs to learn to differentiate them from their own thought processes.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Issue i have, thankfully Emma has changed the wonderland VERY distinctly a couple of times, so it's good proof of independent thought.

Hmmm, so this is a common thing? Well, that takes a load off my mind.

I personally did some experiments where I tried to have Lora remind me to do something, or to think about something (really simple) and give an answer. If I asked for the reminder/answer she just stared at me and went "wut?".

I did notice that Lora "lived from moment to moment" whenever I forced or was narrating to her, as well, and that really worried me. If that's also something that's common in development then no worries, I'll just help her with that from now on.

I just tried to assume these issues were because she's so young, and that seems to be the consensus. See, this wasn't a stupid question after all! Keep your chin up!

The Log

Tumbler

Tuplae: Lora & Aria

Current Area of Focus: General Forcing

Wonderland: The Island/Void/Museum of Memories/Sub-C (Rome Simulation)

I like Purlox's #1 theory -- I do generally need to focus on them to hear their mindvoice. As for the #2 theory, I've always assumed the opposite, and they've done some things (including making progress on their own, in addition to the usual wonderland modification) when I wasn't paying any real attention.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)