What kind of a name does your tulpa have?

Semi-Nomadic

What name does your tulpa have?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. What name does your tulpa have?

• A regular human name (Alice, Sandra, Heather...)
    • A common word (Glass, Shy, Soar...)
    • Something else entirely

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna let my tulpas name themselves what they want. It's their lives *shrugs*

Edit: One rule though. I have a speech impediment, so if it's something that I can't pronounce, the name goes, or I end up calling the tulpa a name I make up for it until it changes it's name itself.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

As I thought Hakkyou was some kind of split personality or sign of insanity, she looked up the Japanese word for 'madness', Hakkyou, and used that. She rather liked the name, so she still uses it. She once changed her name to "Mei" because it sounded more normal, but she soon lost interest i nthe idea ans changed back.

Shoki was sort of made to balance her out- So I named her the Japanese word for 'sanity', which was Shoki with a odd accent at the end. Turns out normally it means 'poison'.

Narau was just a corruption of Nayru, the goddess of wisdom from Legend of Zelda. As the goddess of knowledge, as she calls herself, it struck me as kinda funny. She found it to be a good name regardless.

I picked the name Coda for mine and he seems to like it. A Coda is a musical notation. I've always liked the name and the Coda's symbol. The definitions that best describe why I chose this name are as follows:

"something that serves to round out, conclude, or summarize and usually has its own interest"

or

"a concluding musical section that is formally distinct from the main structure"

In combination with my username Ayre (old English word for "song" which I picked after he was named) this really fits beautifully.

The name is unique and has a deep meaning.

Host: Ayre

Tulpas: Coda and Segno

Shameless Progress Report Plug:

Ayre's Opus 1: Informal informative index of inhabitants in an invisible inner-world.

I've had a change of heart. I decided to make my tulpa look like Twilight Sparkle, to make visualizing her easier. Although I don't call her Twilight Sparkle, I just call her Twi, or Twilly. But I'll see what happens when I can finally speak with her, I'm gonna ask her to visit me in my dreams tonight and see if she can speak to me, and tell me her preferences. Nothing is set in stone yet.

And a bit of a progress report. I've been trying to communicate to her lately, and I reached over and pretended like I was feeling her coat, and I could feel a slight warmth. That's probably usual, but I'm gonna remove all doubt and just assume that she's starting to become more present in the physical world (although I haven't visualized her much in my mind yet).

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

Elaine Vermell. Originaly I created the character for a story but decided to make her into a tulpa instead. The form I had for her fit really well with the name and personality.

She's quite fond of the name even though Vermell can mean "Little worm" (Something I didn't know at the time of coming up with the name).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

My tulpa's name is Alecto. This name has several meanings. "Enduring", "Unnameable" and "Never-ending revenge". But he isn't bad, he's very friendly.