What kind of a name does your tulpa have?

Semi-Nomadic

What name does your tulpa have?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. What name does your tulpa have?

• A regular human name (Alice, Sandra, Heather...)
    • A common word (Glass, Shy, Soar...)
    • Something else entirely

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lolbatty

my tulpa's name is Keen, which is in effect the word that describes him best.

he's since developed and interesting view on names, finding them more or less pointless, along with titles and other such things; though he understands they are of course useful for identification.

his thought process is sort of interesting when he describes it to me.. though he doesn't seem to be able to put it into words. he seems to believe that names can at times be incredibly misleading or even carry stigmas.

yep..

• 1 month later...

I voted something else entirely.

Her name is Ka'myriz (pronounced: Kah-mee-reez) means "Beautiful Crystal" in my made up language for a novel I'm writing. Think how Tolkien made up elvish and other languages, well, I'm going to make at least the common language for a bunch of species around too. Ka is crystal, and 'myriz is a suffix adjective to define something as beautiful. The language is mainly made of suffixes and prefixes instead of grammar.

I could just call her Crystal, but I have long since stopped doing that and she said she preferred Ka'myriz.

It blows my damn mind how many people think that our moon is called "The Moon"...

Well, it is called "the Moon"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon

See name and etymology.

Other kinds of satellites elsewhere have their own names though.

Language filled with apostrophes makes for a shitty conlang. I don't really see a reason for it to even be there, how does it change the pronounciation from just plain Kamyriz? Why is it there, other than to make it seem "alien"? Does the apostrophe mean a letter or few have been removed? Doesn't seem like a glottal stop according to your pronounciation.

This thread is now about conlangs.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Language filled with apostrophes makes for a shitty conlang. I don't really see a reason for it to even be there, how does it change the pronounciation from just plain Kamyriz? Why is it there, other than to make it seem "alien"? Does the apostrophe mean a letter or few have been removed? Doesn't seem like a glottal stop according to your pronounciation.

It does have a slight stop like you said, as if they are separate words. It's a visual marker to identify such part of the word. Have you seen the mess german is when combining words? I hate that, so I used apostrophes so it could be easily read.

Also, they also behave as separate words when dealing with the stress syllable of the word. Pronouncing it like a single word would be odd in ponounciation. So it's KAH meeREEZ.

I think I'm a bit late to the party.

Pruria is da tupper's name. It's derived from the word Prurience, meaning lust (I'm taking it as a strong desire as opposed to a sexual desire, even though it only means the latter, shush.)

Voting as 'something else', it wouldn't be a common word, even if it weren't changed.

Think how Tolkien made up elvish and other languages,

He hired a Doctor of linguistics for his language as far as I can remember, just sayin', that shit's dank.

Language filled with apostrophes makes for a shitty conlang.

Indeed it is about conlangs. If you have a problem with apostrophes please don't read Shakespeare; that crazy bastard used them left, right and center just for pentatonic what-ever-you-call-thems.

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Working on: Imposition

Hieldy (Moogle)

Working on: Possession/imposition

Samantha (Griffon)

Working on: Deafness/form

And please, call me G.

Guest Tulpamancer

As of now, I've named her Allison. We're still working on communication though, so she might change it.

I named Midori that way because at the time when I started making her, her dress was green, and "Green" didn't seem to be name-like enough for my tastes.

I named Kellogg that because I couldn't think of a name, so I decided to name her after my favorite sort of food, cereal~.

Ellenore's initial name was Ellie Expendable, because she was the character I used in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, and she died constantly since DCSS was a hard game that I wasn't too good at. Before she went all sentient on me, I even imagined that there was a whole lab full of clones of her. Fun times~

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace