Theory: One, Yet Many. A World of Thought.

Goldsmith

What exactly do you mean by this? The tulpa controlling some part of your imagination by themselves?

Like I said, it's all speculation, but unless you get the full-blown hallucinations going, communication is sketchy. I'd take a stab in the dark and say those with DID that can't communicate with their alters have this problem. The same problem I'm struggling with. All of that has to do with communication between the right and left brain... I'd look into the theory of bicameralism in psychology if you want to know more.

Unfortunately, some people are more prone to psychosis than others, and its starting to look like I'm pretty fuckin resistant :( although, I will say that I've had some success with smoking weed and having successful voices afterward...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take a stab in the dark and say those with DID that can't communicate with their alters have this problem.

Some of them do go to a therapist to fix this problem, who hypnotizes them which eventually leads to the alters becoming co-conscious, but I don't know if it works for all of them. Improving one's imagination/ability to enter trance states may be one way of achieving it.

I do have my own hypothesis relating to how communication develops, but I still have a few things that I need to experiment on before I'm more confident it even has a shred of a chance of being true.

Some of them do go to a therapist to fix this problem, who hypnotizes them which eventually leads to the alters becoming co-conscious, but I don't know if it works for all of them. Improving one's imagination/ability to enter trance states may be one way of achieving it.

I do have my own hypothesis relating to how communication develops, but I still have a few things that I need to experiment on before I'm more confident it even has a shred of a chance of being true.

Sounds about right to me. I can't really go any further until I fix the voice problem. And I'm about 95% sure that parroting isn't the way to go. I've been going for 2 months, it isn't any less fake. And I'm pretty sure it hurt their ability to communicate with me as well.

Bluesleeve, you say that a tulpa acts in a certain way because we forced it certain personality, which causes us to have expectations about them according to which they act. But how do you explain when a tulpa doesn't act according to our expectations, how do you explain that they can surprise their creator? Also how do you explain accidental tulpae and tulpae that didn't have any personality work done with/on them?

You say that tulpa's personality was there all along and we are just pulling it from somewhere, but if this is true, then how can they act according to our expectations of a personality we forced them to have, when they actually have a different one?