Splitting Off-topic?

Chupi

I would prefer this not to happen, and i do believe that secret moderation is already happening in the so called "unmoderated" forum...

i know that you are there.

what im saying is, dont split it. As jojo said, it will just be slower than a retarded turtle on herion that is glued to the ground.

it wont move very much and before you know it the forum will choke on its own vomit.

keep stuff as it is.

Ayo grill how you be?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for either putting the NSFW stuff off in its own little place, or binning it altogether. A more-or-less worksafe offtopic board would be nice. Its present state tends to hurt the community's image if newbies stumble into it. There should be a place to discuss random things without image spam, huge rainbow text, and discussions of yogurt cannons popping up in the middle of threads.

Yeah, some moderation happens in there as it is. It says "usually unmoderated". We still delete some of the flames and derails.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Why do you even ask us when you have already made your mind and you are going to do it?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

[[

There should be a place to discuss random things without image spam, huge rainbow text, and discussions of yogurt cannons popping up in the middle of threads.

Yeah? That's kind of what literally every other thread aside from the ones in Off-topic are for?

You already have your place; so now where is my place going to be where I can have image spam, giant flashing rainbow text, and great discussions about yogurt cannons?

Why do you even ask us when you have already made your mind and you are going to do it?

To appear cordial.

But yeah since this was already going to happen because Praise Moderation and Order and Proper Manners and Our Image in The Face of The Internet, and let's not forget the most important of all: The Structure Inherent in Forum Organization Methodologies and Their Impacts on Human Habit and Socialization Quantifications...

I propose the following names/descriptions:

1. Off-topic
    Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit into any other section of the forums.
    1. The Pit
      This forum is not visible to guests. I repeat, NOT VISIBLE TO GUESTS.

(Off-topic then, will obviously be visible to guests.)

]]

I'm a mod, not an admin. I can delete/move/merge posts, warn users, ban spambots, that's just about it. Even if I could shuffle the boards around, it wouldn't be a good idea without discussion beforehand.

Yeah? That's kind of what literally every other thread aside from the ones in Off-topic are for?

The ones outside Off-topic are strictly tulpa discussion. What I would expect from Off-topic is civil discussion of anything non-tulpa.

You already have your place; so now where is my place going to be where I can have image spam, giant flashing rainbow text, and great discussions about yogurt cannons?

Your place would be the new sub-board. Giant blinking flamewars would be allowed, which they generally aren't in Off-topic.

I propose the following names/descriptions:

1. Off-topic
    Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit into any other section of the forums.
    1. The Pit
      This forum is not visible to guests. I repeat, NOT VISIBLE TO GUESTS.

(Off-topic then, will obviously be visible to guests.)

This is more or less what I would like to see. A place for civil but off-topic discussions, and a place for NSFW, flamewars and anything else you like.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

[[

It wouldn't be a good idea without discussion beforehand.

It wouldn't be a bad idea, either. Just split them. Honestly. Who cares? It's not like it changes anything in terms of what threads will exist. It just puts them in a different place. Anyone bitching about it wouldn't have a real argument. "I have to click in a different spot!!!11!1!1!1!11" It's not rocket science and it's not worth bitching about. It's marginally worth doing, so why not? (Rhetorical question; read on.)

What I would expect from Off-topic is civil discussion of anything non-tulpa.

That's more or less what I see going on there. Where's the disagreement? (Again, rhetorical; continue.)

Giant blinking flamewars would be allowed, which they generally aren't in Off-topic.

Eh, they were only kidding. It's not like they are actually mad about a minor bit of moderation here and there. It's a colloquial jest like you'll find at any healthy forum where the users don't actually hate the staff (too much). But hey, if you guys are willing to find a way to relax it further, we're all for it. (It's remarkable how much we agree, I can't ev—

A place for civil but off-topic discussions, and a place for NSFW, flamewars and anything else you like.

Anything else? Anything I like? Even...

Civil discussion?

]]

Guest Albatross_

so now where is my place going to be where I can have giant flashing rainbow text

[blink]I'd just like to point out that the version of bbcode this site runs currently does not support flashing text[/blink]

[blink]kthnxbai[/blink]

Guest Anonymous

Lisa, you are tearing me apart!

Why bother forming a deeper schism in this community?Leave it and let the insanity blossom.Sure, it is mostly craziness, but out of the crazy comes legitimately good ideas.Refer to thread, "that face when no gf."

"Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit into any other section of the forums.

Enter at your own risk."

If you repress this last bastion of free thought, it will pop up elsewhere, do you really want to deal with it elsewhere? You already have to move things from the general on a usual basis, why make the extra effort for yourself? One, unified dumping zone for all of the topics that have no other place.

"one would expect it to contain random discussions of" If you don't like the random, do not go. It is as simple as that. Random is what random wants.

Enter at your own risk.