Proof of Tulpae

If this is the wrong topic for this post, then I apologize.

I have no doubts about the legitimacy of tulpae. My friend isn't so sure. We're in highschool and we often talk about some pretty odd things during lunch. (10 dimensions, alternate universes) I mentioned the idea of tulpae to him and he thought that it sounded pretty cool but didn't believe it. Now that I have a fully sentiant tulpa, I've tried to convince him of her existence with no results. I remember reading a page that said that some researchers have used some kind of device (probably diodes or something) to check the minds of Tibetan Monks that were said to have tulpae. Apparantly the reasearch showed that they did have a seperate conciousness in their mind. Could someone provide me with a link for this research or form a new way to prove the existence of tulpae?

Name- Keaa

Description- Octavia

Working On- Touch and Sight Imposition

Elapsed Time- 100+ hours

Sentience?- Yes

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only response I can give to people like that off-hand is that the idea that you can't make a tulpa is honestly more insane than the idea that you can. For one example, it would mean your mind was somehow incapable of projecting situations and "thinking like someone else", and if you couldn't do that, we all would have died in the wilderness at the dawn of our species, unable to anticipate the attack plans of predators.

I mean, it's not any actual form of proof, but if this guy toys with the idea of string theory existing, the idea that you can use parts of your mind that you already have to dream up a single external personality is like, peanuts.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Q2 neglected to consider the remarkable degree of autonomy tulpas (well, some/most tulpas) exhibit. A tulpa's mind can do most of, if not more than, what the host's can, without the action needing to be prompted by the host. Tulpas are conscious. Fictional characters in your head aren't. They might have complex personalities, but they act only when you're thinking about them, unless they've become tulpas.

You'll probably have more luck convincing your friend with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder#Causes

That might cause him to start calling tulpas the product of a disorder, though.

As soon as Pinkie has been done for a while, I'm fully planning on finding somebody with an MRI machine to scan me while Pinkie does various things. I'm gonna get somebody interested in this. There needs to be more studies on tulpas.

As soon as Pinkie has been done for a while, I'm fully planning on finding somebody with an MRI machine to scan me while Pinkie does various things. I'm gonna get somebody interested in this. There needs to be more studies on tulpas.

This so much. There are so many tests that could be run. Switching, parallel processing, intense communication... we could actually PROVE this.

But, as with you, gonna wait until Kay is further along before doing crazy stuff like this.

Yeah well, I'd definitely regard having two minds in one brain as an aberrant condition. Perhaps there are mechanisms in the brain to prevent such a condition from occurring spontaneously, and by tulpaforcing, we somehow bypass them or subvert them.

Oh, and don't expect an MRI scan to reveal much. Even DID affects the physical structure of the brain little.

A semi-related report: http://home.earthlink.net/~maiziekelly/fMRI.htm

That might cause him to start calling tulpas the product of a disorder, though.

I'm not entirely sure what you hope to accomplish with this. What sort of result from an MRI would point at an independent sentience? It's not like we live in some hidden, dark corner of the brain that doesn't otherwise get used. What would have to light up to make someone think "oh, maybe there IS a tulpa there?"

Stranger in a strange land.

Contrary - We have scans of what a brain looks like when it's inactive, such as when people lay down and do nothing. If we told our tulpa to do something while we're lying still, activity would show up in the brain.

Also, what if the room was completely quiet, but we told our tulpa to talk to us? Would the center of the brain most responsible for hearing light up?

What would it look like if I were solving a difficult problem while my tulpa was doing the same? Or what if I was singing a song while my tulpa was doing math?

I think there's a lot of interesting research to be done.

It doesn't seem like a mystery to me that those associated parts of the brain would light up, but I would assume that it would light up the same way as if you were imagining those things yourself, like talking to yourself in your head, or if you were trying to multi-task without a tulpa's help. I can't say that for sure, since it's not like I'm a neuroscientist or have access to an MRI, but I feel like the results are going to be much more mundane than I think some people would hope.

But hey, if you can do it, go for it.

Stranger in a strange land.