Types of relationship with tulpa

Chupi

Type of relationship(s) you have with your tulpa(e)  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Type of relationship(s) you have with your tulpa(e)

• Father/daughter
    • Father/son
    • Mother/daughter
    • Mother/son
    • Siblings (opposite sex)
    • Siblings (same sex)
    • Friends/Platonic (opposite sex)
    • Friends/Platonic (same sex)
    • Romantic (opposite sex)
    • Romantic (same sex)
    • Something else (*please specify*)

Lucilyn: Huh. Well, Reisen and Flandre are both sometimes romantic but mostly just bestest-estest friends? Tewi and I are mostly platonic but.. These options are meh.

Sure, I'm his friend. But sometimes I help him get out of bed in the morning, or make him dance when he's sad. And sometimes I make him switch with me so I can do something fun. And Tewi's like.. a sage or something to him. He goes to her for advice. But she also likes having fun. I suppose platonic works, in relation to love, because we all love each other. But I think our relationships go a little further than just being friends or romantic. We're his life's source of love, and we're his closest friends, and we're his counselors, and we're his inspiration. That just doesn't fit under "friends" or "romantic"... Which is why I picked both and "Something else". =P

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ticked "Something Else". We act as best friends to each other, we feel like family to each other, we help each other, support each other and there is an element of romance. No one of the above fits the bill on it's own, and I think you said that multiple selections were for multiple tulpas.

It would not adequately desribe out relationship to pick any or all of the options presented for this reason. We are participants in a special kind of relationship. This relationship has as a central feature a closeness that cannot be approached by any other form of relationship. We are closer than any Father/Daughter, sibling, friend or romantic partner in a different head could be. We know each other completely, we love each other completely, we know that we need never be alone. None of the other relationships listed can approximate what we have, so attempting to describe our situation in terms of those other relationships cannot result in an adequate description.

Perhaps we are loving headmates, or tulpa and host. Maybe that is the way to describe what we have. Either way, none of us felt comfortable with using the words used to describe relationships with a different basis, and a different degree of possible closeness.

Akecalo - Host

Maya - Tulpa

Mara - Tulpa

Red and my relationship... well i know he can be either gender.. but.. i dont want to make it too weird...

i guess it's .... *blush* (mumble...)

Red: oh... really?!! We're... Romantic soulmates?!!

U..m..... yes..

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

Me and Barley definitely have a Platonic friendship, sometimes I see him as a brother from a another mother type deal. but I like to see him as not related to me, but still very close as family/friend

in other words "Blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family"

Reality is a story the mind tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic firings. A truth so strange it can only be lied into existence. And our mind can lie. Never doubt it...

[We are totes mic goats in love!]

wat

That's not really that unusual. If you really take an honest look at most people's relationships you'll see them acting as such, as an equal If not larger component of the relationship than the romantic part is. It just sounds bad said aloud. A good chunk if not most of the people over 18 I meet are not psychologically adults really. I personally don't have that with eve. Though she takes the lead for the most part, I see her as more of a mentor.