Tulpa.info Pleeb Please add a "Donate" button

Oguigi

After telling a few trusted people how much money I'm in the hole I have invested in this site, I've been told by a few people that I should set up a donate button.

I can be transparent right now, if you all want. Any income this site makes will first go to paying off the debt I inured through the work put into this site (I really don't want to go into it, as I don't want to be looked on as a charity case; I've told some members in this site, though).

After that, funds will go to software for the site, if needed (I may be dropping another $200-$500 out of my pocket [aka credit cards and loans] on a proper CMS for this site that would prove its successful future in the very far distance; I guess this would go into investments I talked about at the beginning?).

Next, the money would go into advertising.

After this, it will be put towards two things.

It will go into research, of course. For instance, for about $400 and a willing participant, a tulpa may very well be able to voice their words through a computer speaker, use the computer and do other things without any action of their host, or without possession; the technology exists today. I know a few who I'd trust with such equipment, esp whom would be trusted enough to send the thing back after the test....

The second thing it would go to, would be continued cost of the site (e.g. server fees, domain fees, etc); it would be nice to eventually invest in a dedicated server, that is, accumulate enough funds to buy one, then I put Gentoo on it, and we can live happily ever after!

Then I can throw it in the back of a pickup truck and drive it from Texas to California like moot did with 4chan!

As for income...

I'm hesitant to place a paypal donate button, as we're not a registered non-profit organization, paypal does have a tendency of freezing up the accounts when they've acquired some sort of money.

As for the short term, once I finish this CMS stuff and have the new site content ready (microdata ftl :(), I'll probably add some form of donation button -- one that won't get paypal to screw things over with us -- and possibly that shop (though that's still to be discussed).

It's been discussed what could be done in the long term, though, but this would probably be a while.

One idea is some sort of member subscription system; members will be able to contribute, but it won't just be giving money, they'll get something in return.

There's also a few 'services' that tulpa.info may be offering, something I've spoken to Amadeus about. Everyone likes his drawings he does, and people have offered to pay for his high quality works; we may just start offering that.

Also.... TUPLA T-SHIRTS FTW!

After that, is of course ads. There's one on the top of the site, one on the bottom, and if you're a guest, there's one additional ad in the post. I'm hoping eventually these things will start to bring in some income.

Note: Don't start clicking ads for the sake of clicking them, please... But if you want to help in this regard, you can disable your adblocker on tulpa.info.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Guest Albatross_

I can be transparent right now, if you all want. Any income this site makes will first go to paying off the debt I inured through the work put into this site (I really don't want to go into it, as I don't want to be looked on as a charity case; I've told some members in this site, though).

After that, funds will go to software for the site, if needed (I may be dropping another $200-$500 out of my pocket [aka credit cards and loans] on a proper CMS for this site that would prove its successful future in the very far distance; I guess this would go into investments I talked about at the beginning?).

Makes sense. Go on...

Next, the money would go into advertising.

Why. I truly want to know your reasons, besides Dane's last request.

After this, it will be put towards two things.

It will go into research, of course. For instance, for about $400 and a willing participant, a tulpa may very well be able to voice their words through a computer speaker, use the computer and do other things without any action of their host, or without possession; the technology exists today. I know a few who I'd trust with such equipment, esp whom would be trusted enough to send the thing back after the test....

This would be enlightening for us, and certainly an awesome experiment, but as far as science goes we both know the data obtained would be useless. It isn't a controlled experiment, it's some dude you met online with an expensive piece of equipment pointed at his head.

The second thing it would go to, would be continued cost of the site (e.g. server fees, domain fees, etc); it would be nice to eventually invest in a dedicated server, that is, accumulate enough funds to buy one, then I put Gentoo on it, and we can live happily ever after!

Then I can throw it in the back of a pickup truck and drive it from Texas to California like moot did with 4chan!

Stay in Delaware, I still want to hike the Appalachian with you even if I disagree with a lot of your opinions.

As for income...

I'm hesitant to place a paypal donate button, as we're not a registered non-profit organization, paypal does have a tendency of freezing up the accounts when they've acquired some sort of money.

As for the short term, once I finish this CMS stuff and have the new site content ready (microdata ftl :(), I'll probably add some form of donation button -- one that won't get paypal to screw things over with us -- and possibly that shop (though that's still to be discussed).

It's been discussed what could be done in the long term, though, but this would probably be a while.

Sounds good.

One idea is some sort of member subscription system; members will be able to contribute, but it won't just be giving money, they'll get something in return.

Please, please, please do not do this. It works with Captcha and the 4chan userbase but anything similar on here would just be...unfair, I guess. At least in any setup I can fathom.

There's also a few 'services' that tulpa.info may be offering, something I've spoken to Amadeus about. Everyone likes his drawings he does, and people have offered to pay for his high quality works; we may just start offering that.

Also.... TUPLA T-SHIRTS FTW!

I guess that's Amadeus's call.

For the record, if I see anyone with a Tulpa t-shirt where I live I will publicly humiliate you.

However, if I see you with a Tupla t-shirt I will walk by you and pretend I know nothing.

After that, is of course ads. There's one on the top of the site, one on the bottom, and if you're a guest, there's one additional ad in the post. I'm hoping eventually these things will start to bring in some income.

Note: Don't start clicking ads for the sake of clicking them, please... But if you want to help in this regard, you can disable your adblocker on tulpa.info.

Fix the layout of that one in the post. It's obnoxious as fuck. Pls.

Also I'm totally pulling out my crummy machine and writing an ad-clicker. Gonna run that sucker day and night.

Why. I truly want to know your reasons, besides Dane's last request.

It allows proper targetted advertising on openminded communities that would be interested more in research, etc. Right now, it's pretty much from threads on 4chan. If we could allow proper target advertising on websites like dreamviews or other communities that would be openminded to things like this, we could increase the userbase of that type of culture, instead of the userbase increasing on the culture that just happens to find this site.

Though you're free to go after the Avatar community and Twilight community; the inflow of navi and vampire tulpae will thin out the ponies!

This would be enlightening for us, and certainly an awesome experiment, but as far as science goes we both know the data obtained would be useless. It isn't a controlled experiment, it's some dude you met online with an expensive piece of equipment pointed at his head.

It could mean that the tulpa's thought process (the tulpa thinking the word 'up') and the host's (the host thinking the word 'up') would be running on different brainwaves. It'll be neat to find out.

Another reason is that it would open up the chance to allow specified software to be written, and this technology can realistically be used so a tulpa can voice its words without the host having to proxy or through possession.

Such technology could give tulpae the ability to do things independent of the host and even, with a portable system, speak through maybe some sort of machine and communicate directly with others IRL. Could even have the prospects of a robot controlled by said tulpa -- I know a few who are very excited about that idea, and if this can be proved it works with tulpae, it could allow them to do these things, which are things they would have never been able to do otherwise.

It's just that the software is expensive, and it needs a lot of testing and development (it comes with an API, will just have a lot of programming to do).

Please, please, please do not do this. It works with Captcha and the 4chan userbase but anything similar on here would just be...unfair, I guess. At least in any setup I can fathom.

This won't be something in the short term, anyway, but I won't say it hasn't been discussed, and I've seen it utilized very successfully on Dreamviews.

For the record, if I see anyone with a tulpa t-shirt where I live I will publicly humiliate you.

On the other hand, I think it would look quite nice.

Fix the layout of that one in the post. It's obnoxious as fuck. Pls.

I'll have to work on it; it will probably look a lot nicer once the new well... everything... is implemented.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Guest Anonymous

I know, but I just wanted to link to some reasoning from someone else.

Guest ThunderClap

I'd gladly donate to the site. I feel that it is the least I could do to give back to a community that has helped me so much along the way.