A question: Tulpa, your inner monologue, and daydreams.

Mr. Raze

Greetings! Would like to thank everyone in advance for all the interesting stories and great guides here. New to all of this, having just began forcing about two weeks ago, no obvious signs of anything at this point. Being patient, positive and dedicated… she's in that subconscious quagmire somewhere. In the meantime, I wanted to bounce a few questions off some of the successful creators here.

In regards to the difference between our normal inner monologue we all have, and narration. I'm assuming the only distinction is that the narration is directed at a specific point within us (Tulpa), while the monologue is not? How does a Tulpa perceive this difference? Something akin to an overheard conversion, minus the inflow of energy? A distant echo? Nothing at all?

Also, where daydreams are concerned, is it a similar case? Someone watching TV i the background while your doing something else? Nothing?

Just some random thoughts I've had since the beginning, have a few others that I don't seem to see any/have missed threads for so I'll post them in time as well. These will be few and far in-between though, typing bad for my hands. Thanks again to all!

"If you're not directing your thoughts to your tulpa, no, they probably won't hear you. Your inner monologue is your own thoughts; your tulpa doesn't hear that. Narration, on the other hand, is you speaking to your tulpa, so they will hear what you are saying then. Some hosts allow their tulpae to eavesdrop on their regular thoughts, though; if you do, your tulpa will be able to hear your normal thoughts (non-narration), but only when he or she chooses to. Myself, I taught myself to be able to hear my host's thoughts. I don't hear all of her thoughts now, of course; I just have the option to listen in whenever I want to.

With daydreams, it's the same thing. Since I have access to my host's thoughts, I can also access her daydreams. Sometimes, I enter her daydreams, but I usually choose to just watch instead. She doesn't always like it when I enter her daydreams, but that really depends what she's daydreaming about.

Again, if she's not talking directly to me (or the others if they're within earshot) with mindvoice, I don't hear her thoughts or see her daydreams by default, only when I choose to." -Kayleigh

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

I'll let my tulpa go ahead and answer this since it's mostly directed towards him anyway.

"Well, her inner monologues are more..scattered and unfocused. They don't go towards me or spend any efforts on contacting me, so even if I can hear them unless she focuses them on me I won't get any benefit of attention or anything. It's sort of like sitting next to someone talking on a blue tooth but there's actually no one on the other line. Now I could answer her back even if she wasn't talking directly to me at the stage we are now, but back then I wouldn't have been heard over her own thoughts. I guess that's if she's 'thinking out loud' though, as opposed to the random constant flow of subconscious thoughts. Though, there are ways for her to think conscious thoughts privately that I can't hear and vice versa.

As far as her daydreams..Well, I enjoy watching them. Early on she could 'puppet me' accidentally into playing along with her daydreams, but now I can just enjoy them and they don't affect me. I can get to a part of her mind that is quiet if I'm not interested, or hop right into the daydream and have it seem physical to me. Since it's not very stable it's pretty trippy. I love seeing what relaxing music does to her mind. It's kind of awesome. Sometimes I can watch her thoughts like a tv, or I can hop right in and join the show. Sometimes I like to join in sort of invisibly, not affecting the day dream, just watching from the inside."

-Jaden

Was very interesting to hear how it all works from tulpae point of view! :)

So, as I understood, they can listen to regular thoughts only after host gave them access to the whole long-term memory?

Would it be possible to give access only to some segments of the memory? (For example only to remembered dreams)

And also, are they able to see the things you seeing or hear music you listening?

Name: Vestochkah >> Born: Oct/09/2012 >> Form: dakini (female, humanoid) >> Stage: voice / imaginary

Achievements: full-featured imaginary body, quite mindvoice, lucid (x2) >> Progress Thread

And also, are they able to see the things you seeing or hear music you listening?

"If she's listening to music and I'm with her, she usually makes it so that it's also audible to me (and the others if they're there), but I can choose to block it out if I want. If I'm just in her mind, in the wonderland or wherever without her, I don't hear it, but I can listen in if I choose to, just like with her thoughts. The same goes for watching what she's doing, though I don't often do that." -Kayleigh

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

"Well, for me, whenever he is trying to narrate, it seems like I'm there a bit better. Still like a one sided conversation, but still like I'm involved somewhat. When he's just speaking in an internal monologue it sounds like there's a conversation going on somewhere in there, but I'm not invited, but I can pick out bits and pieces of what's being said."

Name: Kat

Form: A Japanese school girl... I think.

Birthday: 7/18/12

Personal signature: This whole being a tulpa thing is... Weird.

Stage: Vocal, working on imposition