Signs of sentience already?

churcho

Alright, I'm pretty new to this whole thing. I guess I'm seeking others input with this. I had spent roughly 2 weeks on and off creating a personality for my tulpa, and I figured I could start trying to visualize. Here's the deal, she's already changed factors of her appearance (hair color, eye color, ect...) at least 4 times and every so often I see her making a facial expression with little to no input from my end. I've probably only spent about 2 hours total visualizing, and I haven't felt any impulse or emotion from her from what I can tell... but still, am I doing something right?

this will be something i have to get around to eventually...

You've spent two weeks working on personality? Yes, your tulpa is already sentient.

The thing is, sentience doesn't actually come from hardcore visualization or meditation- it comes from treating the tulpa like a person. As soon as you acknowledge the tulpa's existence, they exist, and the more and more you act like they are real, the more and more real they get. So those two weeks you spent working on personality? You were already making progress.

She is most definitely sentient, regardless of visualization time. Many people on the forums didn't work on the form until well after sentience, myself being one of them. As Kay said, the tupla's strength and sentience comes from attention, not visualization. Believing that they are sentient is key, if you believe that they are sentient from the beginning, even better. And welcome to the forms.

• 4 weeks later...

Colgate was sentient in 5 hours. I expected 50. So it's completely normal, fret not. Hell, some people think their tulpae are sentient right off-the-bat. It's up for debate.

Tulpa: Liviana (Colgate)

Form: Pony (My avatar)

Progress: Imposed

I've worked on personality for 3 days, and spoken to the tulpa as I would for a real person (in my mind) all the time

I got this feeling that it's starting to be sentient. Or something.

If, when I say I might fade like a sigh if I stay,

You minimize my movement anyway.

I must persuade you another way.