Antidepressants and tulpae

Gray

I was just wondering if anyone here created a tulpa while on antidepressants, and if they did, were there any problems or undesired side-effects do to their use?

I'd been off Prozac for between 6 months and a year before starting, but when I was on it it didn't seem to mess with my ability to imagine. It also didn't screw up my ability to get into a weird "high" state listening to music in a certain way, which is basically a mild form of dissociation.

If imagination and dissociation work okay, you should be able to make a tulpa.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I've been on several meds for a long time against depression, anxiety and psychosis (quit a while before I started creation, can't remember how long ago), and I can say that they're not nice. They made me very "numb" and apathetic, almost to the point of melancholy. Calm, yes, but I couldn't concentrate very well, and I spaced out a lot. But like Chupi said, I could imagine stuff just fine so I suppose one could, if the medication dosage and the like was balanced.

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

Are you sure it was antidepressants that made you "numb" and apathetic?

If you were on an antipsychotic as well I think it is more likely to cause that then antidepressants.

I've been on anti-depressants for two years now. I went through that phase with my doctor of going through many meds until we found one that didn't have bad side effects.

For the past year I've been taking 100mg of Pristiq daily. It has helped me a lot.

I have not noticed any change with my concentration or imagination. Most people who first start anti-depressants report a blah or feeling. To me it was because I was used to such extreme emotions of YAY and then SAD that I couldn't notice the smaller emotions in between. Like always eating super spicy food or sweets so you can't taste the fine nutty taste of rice because it's too subtle. Once I learned to recognize those subtle emotions I felt a lot better.

I couldn't see myself making a tulpa if I wasn't on anti-depressants. I wouldn't make it a habit and I wouldn't be able to motivate myself to do it.

Are you going to start medications soon and are worried about it?

Are you sure it was antidepressants that made you "numb" and apathetic?

If you were on an antipsychotic as well I think it is more likely to cause that then antidepressants.

I was on several combinations of them, I remember the anti-dep ones as particularly tiring, even on its own.

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

Are you going to start medications soon and are worried about it?

Yeah.

I tried to make tulpa a few months ago, but some time after the beginning I hit a brick wall so I had to drop it; when I tried to continue it after some time I hit an even bigger wall.

I'm hoping that once antidepressants kick in I might be able to continue the work but I kind of fear side-effects stopping me this time or reflecting negatively on tulpa in some way.