glitchthe3rd's Servitor Workshop

glitchthe3rd

Question

Advanced Servitor Guide

As most of you probably know by now, a servitor is a thoughtform that is only able to react to parroting/puppeting. But it is possible to assign subroutines to a servitor that effectively cause it to act on its own, while still remaining within the parameters of said subroutines.

Making a servitor

The basic procedure for making a servitor is the same as starting a tulpa. You create a form for them, assign personality traits and/or skills as applicable, and that’s pretty much it. Puppeting and parroting are encouraged in this instance, as leaving a servitor to their own devices can cause them to become sentient, especially if they have many complex subroutines governing their behavior.

Programming subroutines

With your servitor made, it’s now time to give it subroutines. If you have never had any experience with programming disciplines, I would strongly encourage you to get some. The type of programming doesn’t matter, since your mind will simply fill in the gaps where necessary. The important thing is to have a stable framework for programming subroutines into the servitor, you can use anything from C++ to robotics to Spacechem to whatever, as long as it’s related in some way to programming.

Now, as a simple exercise, try to program a subroutine that makes your servitor move 10 units (be it steps, feet meters, whatever) forward, turn left, move 10 units, stop. The exact method for programming the subroutines will vary by individual, but the basic idea is that you are assigning the subroutine to the servitor directly, rather than commanding it or parroting it or whatever else. If you were successful in programming the subroutine, the servitor will execute it (try having it execute the subroutine when you give a certain command to it, if you’re having trouble).

I would like to invite the reader to practice creating more complex subroutines, until they eventually master advanced servitor creation. After that, bask in the feeling of being a prime mover as your creations go about their assigned tasks like clockwork.

Hi Pleeb.

HUD Servitor Guide

A HUD servitor can confer a number of practical benefits on the user including monitoring energy levels, realtime motion radar, tracking your schedule, accessing your information base and more.

Form

The form of the servitor will effectively be the interface, or in other words, what the HUD looks like to you. Imposition is optional but encouraged. In creating the form, be sure to define all of the visual elements you want the HUD to have. If you would like, you can also assign a computerized voice to the servitor.

Programming

This part is a lot trickier to explain, but the idea is that you will have to create subroutines that govern the servitor's behavior.

For instance, say you want a subroutine that alerts you when your energy levels drop below 50%. Such a subroutine might be expressed as "if en <= 50%, then alert user", which would result in the servitor saying "Warning. Energy levels below fifty percent."

More later...

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you think it would be possible to make a servitor that can do something similar to downloading, and "Download" servitors from people willing to transmit that data?

also what if the language we're using is an adaptation of Scratch VM?

I used to use Scratch.mit.edu when I was in 4th grade and then in 7th I converted it over to a text format I could write my code in.

I also know HTML and some Javascript too which I can use for this.

[align=center]Yes, I am a mystical burrito, UJELLY?

Kimiko:

Stage: Visual imposition into real world[/align]

How exactly does coding in an a alarm to wake up to work? I understand the code context of it; I'm talking about actually having it run to wake you up.

Also, is there a way to better train/tune a mental clock?

I wouldn't really know anything about that, but I'd imagine that honing one's mental clock would be as easy as keeping a pocket watch on you (or maybe just a cell phone) and trying to guess what time it is, then checking yourself against said timekeeping device. If you practice that enough, you should be able to predict the time with better precision.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I find the way that you program your servitors very interesting. Among other circles, programming has commonly been used as the word to describe how to make things like servs and constructs do what you want, but it seems like you took a more literal approach with actual programming language. Neat.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

So wait... Are you TELLING them the programming code, or are you mystically opening their heads and typing into their little servitor brains? Because this sounds awesome. Seriously, having a pseudo-tulpa/HUD would be so awesome, words do not express the sheer weight of said awesome.

But I still don't get the whole 'programming' thing.

"DUDE! That's wrong! You don't do that! That's like giving a kid a knife and telling him that it's a neck massager!"

Shameless self promotion!