glitchthe3rd's Servitor Workshop

glitchthe3rd

Question

Advanced Servitor Guide

As most of you probably know by now, a servitor is a thoughtform that is only able to react to parroting/puppeting. But it is possible to assign subroutines to a servitor that effectively cause it to act on its own, while still remaining within the parameters of said subroutines.

Making a servitor

The basic procedure for making a servitor is the same as starting a tulpa. You create a form for them, assign personality traits and/or skills as applicable, and that’s pretty much it. Puppeting and parroting are encouraged in this instance, as leaving a servitor to their own devices can cause them to become sentient, especially if they have many complex subroutines governing their behavior.

Programming subroutines

With your servitor made, it’s now time to give it subroutines. If you have never had any experience with programming disciplines, I would strongly encourage you to get some. The type of programming doesn’t matter, since your mind will simply fill in the gaps where necessary. The important thing is to have a stable framework for programming subroutines into the servitor, you can use anything from C++ to robotics to Spacechem to whatever, as long as it’s related in some way to programming.

Now, as a simple exercise, try to program a subroutine that makes your servitor move 10 units (be it steps, feet meters, whatever) forward, turn left, move 10 units, stop. The exact method for programming the subroutines will vary by individual, but the basic idea is that you are assigning the subroutine to the servitor directly, rather than commanding it or parroting it or whatever else. If you were successful in programming the subroutine, the servitor will execute it (try having it execute the subroutine when you give a certain command to it, if you’re having trouble).

I would like to invite the reader to practice creating more complex subroutines, until they eventually master advanced servitor creation. After that, bask in the feeling of being a prime mover as your creations go about their assigned tasks like clockwork.

Hi Pleeb.

HUD Servitor Guide

A HUD servitor can confer a number of practical benefits on the user including monitoring energy levels, realtime motion radar, tracking your schedule, accessing your information base and more.

Form

The form of the servitor will effectively be the interface, or in other words, what the HUD looks like to you. Imposition is optional but encouraged. In creating the form, be sure to define all of the visual elements you want the HUD to have. If you would like, you can also assign a computerized voice to the servitor.

Programming

This part is a lot trickier to explain, but the idea is that you will have to create subroutines that govern the servitor's behavior.

For instance, say you want a subroutine that alerts you when your energy levels drop below 50%. Such a subroutine might be expressed as "if en <= 50%, then alert user", which would result in the servitor saying "Warning. Energy levels below fifty percent."

More later...

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So would the HUD thing work reliably for anything? Like if I wanted to monitor my energy, would that actually monitor my real energy, or just what I THINK it is? Also, do you have to program in EVERYTHING the servitor can say, or just a general idea?

Also, if I were to program it with an ammo counter for when I play airsoft, would that work, too, as long as saw the shot being taken each time, and I knew how many shots my weapon could hold in the first place?

Recent Additions/Fixes:

-Added a feature that measures the probability of aggression by a target

-Added a feature that automatically reboots Enigma when it crashes (special thanks to Luna for implementing this)

-Refined optical zoom; no longer limited by irrelevant objects blocking FOV

-Added tag-and-track functionality to Enigma's toolkit

-Improved auditory and kinesthetic inputs for radar

-Added glycogen meter

-Fine-tuned caffeine and glucose measurement protocols

-Added support for tulpa-initiated memory organization

-Fixed issues with tulpa-initiated chemical rebalancing

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest Lanpc

Try programming a tulpamancer/tulpa finder by getting your servitor to pay attention to small cues and body language related to having a tulpa. An example of this would be the tulpamancer's eyes focusing and following a point in space [tulpa], or the glazed look one gets when they try to pay attention to what the person in front of them is saying while at the same time their tulpa is talking/doing something ridiculous. You could program the servitor to first observe our own behavior and use it as a base for all tulpamancers. Of course you'd need to actually go out and meet some actual people with tulpa so you could observe and add their behaviour to your tulpamancer database.

Another thing you could add, though it might be hard for some people, is a rearview mirror. Get the HUD to constantly/[or whenever you need it] place up a snapshot of whats behind us. You could do this by getting the servitor to take in all the sensory data as you're walking, and to snapshot what it thinks the perspective behind would look like. Of course this could take some time to program =p.

You can't program your mind, at least not in that fashion.

Why not? This is using code as a way to express what you want it to do, in an unambiguous way, and to make it feel more real to you. It's no different from any other use of suggestion to alter subconscious thought patterns; except that this is the programmer version, and helps force you to think through all possible cases when you write the code.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Maybe I'm slow or something, but this all sounds a little too science fiction-y for me.

Can you do something similar without complicated coding? Just a servitor that you can program by telling it things? This is all too complicated for me... o.o

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.