glitchthe3rd's Servitor Workshop

glitchthe3rd

Question

Advanced Servitor Guide

As most of you probably know by now, a servitor is a thoughtform that is only able to react to parroting/puppeting. But it is possible to assign subroutines to a servitor that effectively cause it to act on its own, while still remaining within the parameters of said subroutines.

Making a servitor

The basic procedure for making a servitor is the same as starting a tulpa. You create a form for them, assign personality traits and/or skills as applicable, and that’s pretty much it. Puppeting and parroting are encouraged in this instance, as leaving a servitor to their own devices can cause them to become sentient, especially if they have many complex subroutines governing their behavior.

Programming subroutines

With your servitor made, it’s now time to give it subroutines. If you have never had any experience with programming disciplines, I would strongly encourage you to get some. The type of programming doesn’t matter, since your mind will simply fill in the gaps where necessary. The important thing is to have a stable framework for programming subroutines into the servitor, you can use anything from C++ to robotics to Spacechem to whatever, as long as it’s related in some way to programming.

Now, as a simple exercise, try to program a subroutine that makes your servitor move 10 units (be it steps, feet meters, whatever) forward, turn left, move 10 units, stop. The exact method for programming the subroutines will vary by individual, but the basic idea is that you are assigning the subroutine to the servitor directly, rather than commanding it or parroting it or whatever else. If you were successful in programming the subroutine, the servitor will execute it (try having it execute the subroutine when you give a certain command to it, if you’re having trouble).

I would like to invite the reader to practice creating more complex subroutines, until they eventually master advanced servitor creation. After that, bask in the feeling of being a prime mover as your creations go about their assigned tasks like clockwork.

Hi Pleeb.

HUD Servitor Guide

A HUD servitor can confer a number of practical benefits on the user including monitoring energy levels, realtime motion radar, tracking your schedule, accessing your information base and more.

Form

The form of the servitor will effectively be the interface, or in other words, what the HUD looks like to you. Imposition is optional but encouraged. In creating the form, be sure to define all of the visual elements you want the HUD to have. If you would like, you can also assign a computerized voice to the servitor.

Programming

This part is a lot trickier to explain, but the idea is that you will have to create subroutines that govern the servitor's behavior.

For instance, say you want a subroutine that alerts you when your energy levels drop below 50%. Such a subroutine might be expressed as "if en <= 50%, then alert user", which would result in the servitor saying "Warning. Energy levels below fifty percent."

More later...

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Possibly. The main purpose of using a code language is to provide a stable framework for programming directives and subroutines into the servitor. It's not strictly-speaking necessary, but it will make your life much easier. And at the end of the day, it would be best if you treated the servitor as a tool or furniture rather than talking to it like you would a tulpa.

My progress report

Saria recently upgraded Enigma for me, the changes are enough to warrant calling it Enigma v4. New features include:

-A more compact UI that is designed to reduce the amount of eye movement required to see visual elements, thus lowering energy consumption

-Reductions to energy requirements in general, and the removal of glucose and caffeine requirements

-New visual elements that let the user see who is communicating with them, as well as a new facetime video feature

-Refined tag & track functionality and improvements to other features

My progress report

GAT-related commentary:

Fancy servitors and HUD's are stuff of legends, but I haven't seen many people do them much, especially the latter (HUD's), as they seem to require too much effort for not enough gain.

I would like to see more people do this before voting this guide for approval, even if in general, wonderland actors/NPC's work rather intuitively - they do what you expect them to do, most of the time. The use of symbolism such as programming languages seems unnecessary and rather personal, although may be useful in a similar way as trait lists are for some people.

As for HUD's, while it's possible to impose arbitrary thoughtforms, it's hard to say how accurate they are - they still largely depend on your subconscious expectations to work (for example some people may have better "internal clocks" than others).

If all the "programming language" symbolism is removed, you'd be basically left with a "it's your imagination" guide where you set your own rules and it works by those rules.

Thus I'm going to vote to disapprove the guide as I don't think it has sufficiently useful content to users and isn't something enough people have done (especially the HUD stuff) - despite the idea being around for more than a year.

Nevertheless, it may be useful for people to be aware of "obvious" applications of their imagination, so if enough people want this guide approved, it may be worth approving it.

Like NotAnonymous stated, there's not really much needed other than just associating symbolism and restricting the servitor to whatever parameters the host feels is practical for them.

I guess OP had the intention to explain more later on, but that's since 2012. I'm not going to give an approval or disapproval since there could be more explained here. But even with that, I'm not sure if servitor creation guides would have some parallel with tulpas.

In fact, it would be a shorter creation process because aspects such as sentience, implications of autonomous thinking, and such doesn't need to be taken into consideration as much. The only thing that can be useful for the HUD and perceptual related servitors is for the sake of cosmetic and visual appeal, and having an overly active imagination.

The rest would be fairly easy practices of assign certain predispositions (e.g. psychologically and biologically) though.

Guest Anonymous

Approved.

No other guide to my knowledge suggests how to use a programming language to create constructs of this nature. This guide has very good potential for helping people that are more literal minded. Instead of coming up with a list of somewhat vague personality traits, you would code the behavior in a more specific way. Good servitor guide, with nice potential applications for tulpa creation.

This is pretty interesting. Until I read this, I never would have thought a servitor would be useful in any way. I'm not very familiar with any programming languages, so if I were to try making a servitor, could I use something like a config file instead?

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

Since it's all in your head, I doubt coding is needed, @ poster at top of this page. Just helpful symbolism perhaps? Make it strong?

My lip hurts.