glitchthe3rd's Servitor Workshop

glitchthe3rd

Question

Advanced Servitor Guide

As most of you probably know by now, a servitor is a thoughtform that is only able to react to parroting/puppeting. But it is possible to assign subroutines to a servitor that effectively cause it to act on its own, while still remaining within the parameters of said subroutines.

Making a servitor

The basic procedure for making a servitor is the same as starting a tulpa. You create a form for them, assign personality traits and/or skills as applicable, and that’s pretty much it. Puppeting and parroting are encouraged in this instance, as leaving a servitor to their own devices can cause them to become sentient, especially if they have many complex subroutines governing their behavior.

Programming subroutines

With your servitor made, it’s now time to give it subroutines. If you have never had any experience with programming disciplines, I would strongly encourage you to get some. The type of programming doesn’t matter, since your mind will simply fill in the gaps where necessary. The important thing is to have a stable framework for programming subroutines into the servitor, you can use anything from C++ to robotics to Spacechem to whatever, as long as it’s related in some way to programming.

Now, as a simple exercise, try to program a subroutine that makes your servitor move 10 units (be it steps, feet meters, whatever) forward, turn left, move 10 units, stop. The exact method for programming the subroutines will vary by individual, but the basic idea is that you are assigning the subroutine to the servitor directly, rather than commanding it or parroting it or whatever else. If you were successful in programming the subroutine, the servitor will execute it (try having it execute the subroutine when you give a certain command to it, if you’re having trouble).

I would like to invite the reader to practice creating more complex subroutines, until they eventually master advanced servitor creation. After that, bask in the feeling of being a prime mover as your creations go about their assigned tasks like clockwork.

Hi Pleeb.

HUD Servitor Guide

A HUD servitor can confer a number of practical benefits on the user including monitoring energy levels, realtime motion radar, tracking your schedule, accessing your information base and more.

Form

The form of the servitor will effectively be the interface, or in other words, what the HUD looks like to you. Imposition is optional but encouraged. In creating the form, be sure to define all of the visual elements you want the HUD to have. If you would like, you can also assign a computerized voice to the servitor.

Programming

This part is a lot trickier to explain, but the idea is that you will have to create subroutines that govern the servitor's behavior.

For instance, say you want a subroutine that alerts you when your energy levels drop below 50%. Such a subroutine might be expressed as "if en <= 50%, then alert user", which would result in the servitor saying "Warning. Energy levels below fifty percent."

More later...

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Seeing how this is probably the only, or one of the few servitor guides, I would approve for Guides. Though the OP is still implied to add more in the future, and with the brevity of content and symbolism, it may be more suitable for Tips & Tricks. Blank vote for now.

Just because something is the only guide of its kind doesn't mean it should be approved, in case it is poor.

This is nothing but symbolism. This is the guide part:

>The basic procedure for making a servitor is the same as starting a tulpa. You create a form for them, assign personality traits and/or skills as applicable, and that’s pretty much it.

That's it. They say that's pretty much it and I agree. But programming languages? Come on, it's your imagination, making it this complicated is just silly. Disapproved.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

My previous vote (disapproved), remains unchanged for now, although I'd like to add that some phrases are a bit unclear, such as:

"As most of you probably know by now, a servitor is a thoughtform that is only able to react to parroting/puppeting."

I've contacted the guide author for a clarification about it, but it seems he no longer knows what it meant (the whole "react to parroting/puppeting" part), however he did explain his viewpoint on servitors some more in that chat:

"that's not true, servitors can be given subroutines"

"those allow them to do things in the absence of any conscious effort from either host or tulpa".

This seems to imply that the servitor definition here implies some sort of autonomy, but without "free will" (if that can make sense?).

This is different from the definition used in FAQ_Man's guide which is more along the lines of a mental puppet.

Do you have a class library to interact with things like "energy levels?" What does the inside of a class that returns energy levels look like?

Hahahahahahaha.

This is more or less what I'd write if I were to write a satirical comment on why I don't like this guide. But it's twice as good having someone else say it genuinely.

If the idea is just to create some rigid guidelines for servitors then OK, I guess. But the thread is one long train of "Does ServitorScript have C bindings?" and other things that really seem to show the misleading nature of the guide, as exampled by the quote up there.

If this weren't the case then I'd probably approve for Tips, but given that it is I'll disapprove.

Approved for guides.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

I actually tried doing a HUD a long while back, which was fun but not terribly useful. :P I stopped around the same time as I stopped with my Tulpa, but now the Tulpa's going again and I'm wondering if I should maybe give this a shot again, as well. The kicker would be whether or not I can get it to be genuinely useful instead of just an amusing visual overlay.

My question would be, do you have any functions for accessing "forgotten" memories? This is what would be most helpful for me, as I have a very hard time remembering details on certain things. Probably the biggest boon right now would be for details to pop up regarding voltage settings, travel angle, etc. when I'm welding. I often forget the settings I should be using for certain weld types.

EDIT: Oh, shoot, it's 2015, not 2014. I thought the last post was just 10 days ago. o_o