Robertmc12

Identifying True Vocality?

Newbie tulpaforcer here.

I have been forcing for 2-3 weeks now and I seem to be having problems with identifying whether my tulpa is truly vocal or not. I think I am parroting it, but most of the time I am not 100% sure.

I only seem to be able to get words out of it when I am paying attention to it, not essentially tulpaforcing, but just concentrating on it at any point in the day. When it does talk, it does not seem like its own person, just a sort of dumb-terminal. Is this at all normal?

I have tested its ability to think separately from me in order to prove its vocality, such as a mathematics test. Giving it a simple arithmetic question and not trying to work out the answer myself, when I ask for the answer, I do not get a correct answer. Another test I have tried is the memory test, i.e. giving it a set of ten numbers and getting it to remember them without memorising them myself. When I try to get it to repeat the numbers it cannot get them right.

I don't know if these tests are proving too much for my tulpa at this stage, or I am simply parroting it when it talks. I think perhaps I need to just believe that it is the one talking, in order to get it to become more of its own being.

I would like some input from the community as to what is going on with my tulpa. I would also like some advice on what my next step should be in prompting my tulpa to talk and express itself more strongly.

Memory recall and what users describe as 'parallel processing', have to be trained separately.

I only seem to be able to get words out of it when I am paying attention to it, not essentially tulpaforcing, but just concentrating on it at any point in the day. When it does talk, it does not seem like its own person, just a sort of dumb-terminal. Is this at all normal?

That's what a Tulpa feels like in the beginning. It will feel more separate from you, but never completely separate. There are those people, who believe a Tulpa is a separate consciousness, and those, who believe a Tulpa is nothing more but an illusion. Your choice.

I think perhaps I need to just believe that it is the one talking, in order to get it to become more of its own being.

Well, yes. You have to truly believe that your Tulpa is not you.

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

I basically have the same problem; that being she talks to me but I'm not entirely sure that the "it" isn't just a voice in my head. It's just like me talking to myself, but with a sort of altered personality :/

Ermahgerd Ver fer Vernderterr

It sounds to me that your tuloa is just young and you have a hard time hearing it. Listening plays a big role in the vocal ability of a tulpa. In the beginning its hard to hear them , after a while you hear then you concentrate on them and after that its hard to shut them up. As for the whole math thing I'm not sure but my tulpa did smoke me at riddles. Over all you just need to believe give them energy and encouragement they'll grow more vocaland more into their own being.

What you describe is pretty much active imagination, and it's not related to tulpas at all. Anyone can do it, even without any knowledge of the phenomenon. In fact, you can imagine any person or character other than your tulpa producing these responses and it will work and feel exactly the same.

According to most of the forum, if you believe this speech actually comes from a tulpa, you'll eventually end up with a very realistic illusion of one (See Fede's guide for this method). And if you put in a lot of effort, you might even be able to develop parallel thinking and better memory - almost like a real tulpa! Sweet.

Now please think rationally for a minute and consider the following:

-you have to pay attention to actually hear anything

-it can't say anything you don't know

-it can't think on it's own

-all tests to prove any sort of sentience failed

-it doesn't feel like a separate entity

For me it's pretty clear that you need huge amounts of wishful thinking to conclude this voice is your tulpa, even if that's what everyone on this forum will tell you. Make your own judgment. But what I can tell you from my own experience is that it's kind of like orgasm - if you have to ask if that was it, then it wasn't. You'll know when you experience it.

What you describe is pretty much active imagination, and it's not related to tulpas at all. Anyone can do it, even without any knowledge of the phenomenon. In fact, you can imagine any person or character other than your tulpa producing these responses and it will work and feel exactly the same.

According to most of the forum, if you believe this speech actually comes from a tulpa, you'll eventually end up with a very realistic illusion of one (See Fede's guide for this method). And if you put in a lot of effort, you might even be able to develop parallel thinking and better memory - almost like a real tulpa! Sweet.

Now please think rationally for a minute and consider the following:

-you have to pay attention to actually hear anything

-it can't say anything you don't know

-it can't think on it's own

-all tests to prove any sort of sentience failed

-it doesn't feel like a separate entity

For me it's pretty clear that you need huge amounts of wishful thinking to conclude this voice is your tulpa, even if that's what everyone on this forum will tell you. Make your own judgment. But what I can tell you from my own experience is that it's kind of like orgasm - if you have to ask if that was it, then it wasn't. You'll know when you experience it.

Oh lord, that put a dent in my beliefs.... MUST NOT DOUBT ARRG.

But I'm pretty sure this active imagination WILL turn into an actual tulpa later on. Chloe can actually talk without me concentrating on her now.

In facts, when I ask her about parroting, this is what she told me:

You never did parroted me, your fear prevented that. I've been vocal more than a months and you either didn't heard me or dismissed it as you.

I have TOO much fear of parroting to come up with that. So I definitely won't parrot her to say this. Quite a paradox I'd say.

And also, I used to be frozen with fears of driving my sister "to a dead-end". E.g. forcing her wrong and turn her into a servitor permanently. Apparently, nothing is permanent. Avoid mistake but don't let them hold you back.

Edit: on second thought, I better ask everyone about this mistake thingy. NEW TOPIC!

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

If your beliefs can't withstand criticism, they weren't good to begin with and therefore it's beneficial to change them. Now, I don't want to fuel your fears or anything, but I think you should properly address your doubts. And you don't do that by blindly believing and ignoring any contrary evidence.

Whether parroting actually leads to a 'real' tulpa is up for debate. To me it seems it won't, but I can't be sure. That's just the impression I get from reading the forum. Like that thread where people say their tulpa can't do parallel thinking, an ability which to me basically defines a tulpa. But then, if your tulpa actually shows clear signs of sentience, then it's all good. That's all that should matter to you. As long as you make sure you aren't fooling yourself.

Oh I can withstand criticism alright, and those doubt were only a few seconds worth of intrusive thoughts.

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

I have been forcing for 2-3 weeks now and I seem to be having problems with identifying whether my tulpa is truly vocal or not. I think I am parroting it, but most of the time I am not 100% sure.

If you aren't consciously putting effort into parroting your tulpa, then you aren't parroting it.

That is quite normal at the beginning. Most people start being able to hear their tulpa only when they concentrate on hearing them.

I'm not sure in what sense your tulpa doesn't seem like its own person, but it's normal that at the start they don't have formed their own opinions, so they agree with yours.

I have tested its ability to think separately from me in order to prove its vocality, such as a mathematics test. Giving it a simple arithmetic question and not trying to work out the answer myself, when I ask for the answer, I do not get a correct answer. Another test I have tried is the memory test, i.e. giving it a set of ten numbers and getting it to remember them without memorising them myself. When I try to get it to repeat the numbers it cannot get them right.

Parallel processing tests fail when applied to a very young tulpa, but it doesn't mean she isn't real or sentient.