Shpoople

Transplant?

What? No, consciousness is definitely in the frontal lobes. Mostly at least.

And yeah, the premise of this thread is very silly. You wouldn't be the same person but with the transplanter's tulpa, the transplanter's mind would just get put into your body. Your mind would be dead.

Astral project on my face, brother!

Someone call Steven Spielberg

I remember watching a show called "out of jimmy's head" when i was a kid with a similar plot line. it was basically about a kid that got hit by a train and they replaced his brain with the brain of a cartoon artist. the artists brain had several cartoon character tulpae and jimmy inherited them. its crazy how many tulpa references are in popular culture even though most people dont know what a tulpa is...

clip form that show:

Hahaha they mention Tux XD But seriously, though, Slushie, the whole point was presuming that brain transplants were possible, and the host mind would be dead, so the brain would be transplanted from a surviving host body that no longer worked (presumably, although the body could still be working)

Ermahgerd Ver fer Vernderterr

Guest Albatross_

donated their brain

wat

The part of the brain stem to which you are referring, I believe, is the cerebellum.

what is this I don't even

On a serious note, this is a pretty cool idea to speculate on. Good thread.

I'm pretty sure, that entire head transplants have been done, on monkeys. The monkey couldn't move anything besides it's head and was super pissed off and shit.

My opinions are all subject to change.

Wow, in this thread the misconceptions are really flowing, aren't they?

What would happen if someone with a tulpa donated their brain to another person? Would that person see the tulpa? Same brain that was conditioned to see and hear it.

That would be ridiculous, like he never told anyone, sounds awesome.

I was thinking of the fist guy with the tulpa died of getting hit by a car or stabbed or somthin, he'd be dead but his brain wouldn't be damaged for the transplant.

I thought the second guy would keep his own mind, just see the tulpa too.

It is interesting that you manage to assume the tulpa is located in the brain while the host is not.

Even assuming we manage to transplant a brain, reconnecting all the severed nervous tissue blood vessels etc. and it would not get rejected, the whole would be more of a body transplant for a consciousness (or multiple) than anything.

This is why brain damage is so horrible, you cannot just sew some part of another brain in there, as every brain is unique.

So the effect of your proposed idea would be that you are ,with your tulpa, in a new body, and the other guy is dead.

I think consciousness lies in the brain stem, or is a byproduct of energy/attention/activity.

But yeah this is kind of tricky

If the consciousness would be located in the brain stem, then we probably would have had sapient species pretty early on this planet, it is the evolutionary oldest part of the brain. It is mostly related to very basic but nonetheless very substantial tasks, like controlling breathing, the heart rate, creating cortex activity and being the bridge from brain to spine. If anything, then some simple parts of the so-called protoself are located there.

The part of the brain stem to which you are referring, I believe, is the cerebellum.

http://www.headinjury.com/!BRAIM3.jpg

This, too, is part of the brain, and is the part from which reptilian impulses are derived, IE raw emotion, the basic needs to survive, etc... If there was a successful brain transplant, this part would have to be included...

First of all is the cerebellum not part of the brain stem, it is mostly correlating with the cerebrum in humans. Evolutionary speaking are we dealing with another rather old part of the brain, it developed to coordinate complex motor tasks.

And this is what it also does in humans. The cerebellum is very important and working as auxiliary for many higher tasks like speech too, but it certainly is not the main seat of the consciousness. If there is really any place that could rightfully call itself that, then the thalamo-cortical connections between the Thalamus located in the middle of the brain and the prefrontal cortex fields. Beside that there is really no specific place, all areas of the brain are important and doing their part to create the whole, another reason why brain damages is that detrimental.

And raw emotion and desires are more the deal of the lymbic system located on top of the brain stem in humans.

I'm pretty sure, that entire head transplants have been done, on monkeys. The monkey couldn't move anything besides it's head and was super pissed off and shit.

I am pretty sure the monkey was too busy being dead, trust me on this one.

"Sorry for that, my communication implants are idiologically biased."

wat

what is this I don't even

I mean a organ doner. If someone dies of lung cancer, the brain is fine. They could still use the other body parts, besides the lungs...