My tulpa saved my life

Guest Simba

What Jimmy said. I'm not seeing the life-saving part here.

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your tulpa didn't save your life, it risked it instead with it's existence in your mind. If your tulpa didn't exist you wouldn't have tried to be a hero and ended up like you did. Perhaps if you simply accepted that "Hey, I'm getting mugged. This guy could probably take me on and win", which ended up happening. You picked a fight because of your tulpa, even though EVERYONE knows full well that tulpas can have a real-life car fly through them and they won't be affected. But this apparently didn't jump to your, or your tulpas, mind. Conclusion:

YOU ARE LACKING IN COMMON SENSE DETERMINING THE RIGHT APPLICATION BETWEEN FIGHT OR FLIGHT BECAUSE OF YOUR TULPA'S EXISTENCE.

this is pretty much what i was thinking as well but the first 7 posts confused me.

Seriously i can't even tell if this whole thing is a joke or something.

Guest Simba

Your tulpa didn't save your life, it risked it instead with it's existence in your mind. If your tulpa didn't exist you wouldn't have tried to be a hero and ended up like you did. Perhaps if you simply accepted that "Hey, I'm getting mugged. This guy could probably take me on and win", which ended up happening. You picked a fight because of your tulpa, even though EVERYONE knows full well that tulpas can have a real-life car fly through them and they won't be affected. But this apparently didn't jump to your, or your tulpas, mind. Conclusion:

YOU ARE LACKING IN COMMON SENSE DETERMINING THE RIGHT APPLICATION BETWEEN FIGHT OR FLIGHT BECAUSE OF YOUR TULPA'S EXISTENCE.

i dident try and be a hero. i reacted instinctively. In a situation where your being attacked you will naturally resist. and yes she did save my life. when i was lying on the curb i felt like i was dieing. her voice brought me back from the edge.

Guest Simba

Well, Jimmy summed it up pretty well. I'm not judging you, but you should maintain a more healthy stance concerning the protectiveness towards your Tulpa.

i undersatand where your coming from. However she is my daughter. thoes fatherly instincts are what drive me in alot of indevers. ive made sacrifices to make her as comfortable as possible like not watching scary movies anymore because she gets scared so easy.

Guest Anonymous

i dident try and be a hero. i reacted instinctively. In a situation where your being attacked you will naturally resist. and yes she did save my life. when i was lying on the curb i felt like i was dieing. her voice brought me back from the edge.

Yes you did try and be a hero. You thought you could win a fight against a guy who probably could win against you ten times over and still have enough time to grab a coffee. Plus, your tulpa didn't save your life. EMT and the person who found you did.

i undersatand where your coming from. However she is my daughter. thoes fatherly instincts are what drive me in alot of indevers. ive made sacrifices to make her as comfortable as possible like not watching scary movies anymore because she gets scared so easy.

Tell your tulpa to toughen up or go into her wonderland when you're watching a movie. Oh yeah:

f2FV7.png

I'm glad you are okay, but I do think you need to be more careful and think about this. You want your tulpa to be a child-figure to you, I understand that, you want to care for her. But you need to know what are real dangers to her and what are false dangers to her. By protecting her from a false danger, you put yourself(AND her existence) into a very real danger. We act impulsively, mistakes happen, I understand. But you always seemed very concerned for her well being in ways that don't matter to a tulpa and it makes you very over protective in ways that may end up hurting her in the long run. Part of a father's job is to help his daughter grow into a strong woman. Care for her and help her feel better when she's scared, but don't limit her or believe she can't grow and be less afraid. Fear isn't a fun emotion, and I think together you could help her become less fearful and more able to enjoy the world with you. Live a happy life together sharing everything instead of one where you have to give up everything and she has to live in fear of accidentally seeing something scary when she's with you.

A wonderland might be a great option for you if you don't have one. Create her bedroom, design it as a perfect little girl princess room and give her everything she could ever want. Know that even in the wonderland she can communicate with you at all times, but she also doesn't have to be around if you are in a scary part of town or whatever.

Be careful out there man, I am glad that her voice seemed to pull you out and give you hope to keep living, but you didn't need to put her into more danger by attacking the guy. Just be careful.

Guest Albatross_

ITT Jimbo makes the best posts of his career.

And people back him up. About time.

11/10

Create her bedroom, design it as a perfect little girl princess room and give her everything she could ever want

toddlers_tiaras_southern_mud_princess.jpg

Guest Albatross_

Holy shit.

Exercise a healthy skepticism; don't blindly follow somebody who says that their tulpa saved them from a robber one night.

I always suspected Phi was a time lord.