Spoons

How Long Does One Session Last?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Does One Session Last?

• Less Than 30 Minutes
    • 30 Minutes to an Hour
    • One Hour to Two Hours
    • More than Two Hours

So a lot of people talk about having 2-3+ hour sessions for tulpaforcing, but for me that just burns me out and gives me killer headaches. What I've started doing is apart from doing short, real focus sessions (30-minute sessions spread out through the day), I've been doing what I call Micro-forcing. This is whenever I remember, just cycling through all of the traits that I have worked on already, and thinking about what effect those traits have. These sessions are anywhere from 5-10 minutes, and I do them while I do other things.

I couldn't really imagine this working for visualization, but hey, I'm not there yet. I definitely feel like these sessions have helped me, I can list all of Liz's traits that I've worked on so far without really thinking about it.

I'd recommend this way, doing an hour of hard focus a day and then another hour of micro-forcing throughout the day. Helps to build the tulpa into your everyday life before the narration starts.

Tulpa name: Liz

Some traits: Confident, Open-Minded, Motivated

Progress: Working on Visualization

Sentience: Rare pressure responses

My progress with Liz.

Well said, review works wonders. I would like to add to this and say that if you to a micro-forcing session WHEN YOU WAKE UP and BEFORE YOU GO TO BED, you are more likely to remember them because something about the brain organizing thoughts when you are asleep and if you review stuff at those times they are more likely to be saved. I don't know, I was sort of drifting during that lecture.

My sessions generally are about an hour a time, two or three sessions a day, resulting in about 3 hours of forcing each day. I usually think of Lauren right when I wake up and a do a little review before bed, as Phi mentioned, and it has really helped me to recall all of the work I've done so far. I try to do one full session as early in the day as possible and then do the other one or two at certain intervals through the day, but I try to avoid doing it too late because I have a harder time focusing when I'm really tired.

Okay, guys, I need help. How will I test the compared effectiveness of short multiple bursts of tulpaforming compared to few long ones?

[Note: Opinions]

Phi: Not sure about applying guidelines for memorization to this. Memorizing something is about making it easily accessible to the conscious. Tulpaforcing is about changing information in the subconscious.

Spoons: You might try daydream forcing as well. Mostly the same deal as bored kids do in school. Just space out a bit with your eyes open and imagine your wonderland. You can even do it while moving around and/or performing mindless tasks. (This *does* work, it's how Irish claims he did most of his forcing.)

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• 3 weeks later...

I usually have 15 minute sessions, just before I go to bed, although I do often try to boost it to half an hour or an hour.

Also, I like goig for long walks. I'll talk to her during those walks. I don't count it as forcing time, but I feel it helps me move the process along.

And I've found drawing her form really helps. It doesn't have the same kind of exertion as forcing, but it boosts my visualisation better than any session ever has. And it got her first response.

"What did you do today?" "Oh, you know, got called a hater by a schizophrenic's marijuana-fueled wolf hallucination." "Righteous!"

I call her Philos. My BLOG is updated daily.

• 4 weeks later...

We did this with Luke, 15-20 minute sessions throughout the day. Luke agrees, he says when Nate gets tired he focuses less and the two hours are wasted mostly. But then throughout the day was also hours and hours of narration.