Glossary Update

Qookie

So, back in June I organized the first attempt at consolidating a glossary, which (with revisions) became the one currently on the site. It's approaching 5 months since then, and methodology, language usage, and the state of the community as a whole has changed.

To that end, I've been working with members over the IRC to produce an updated draft of the glossary which can be found here. I'm looking for as much feedback as possible on the content of it - I want to know what terms you feel are missing (if any), what terms are vague or require clarification, and especially any that seem 'wrong' or incompatible with your personal usage.

Additions (with short notes):

• Change (a sudden or unexpected Deviation)
  • Dissipation (tulpa death/destruction/dismissal)
  • Forcing (shorthand for Tulpaforcing)
  • Growth (a natural or anticipated Deviation)
  • Mindvoice (how you hear a tulpa prior to auditory hallucinations)
  • Possession (allowing a tulpa to partially control your body, partially or totally)
  • Proxy (typing/speaking on behalf of your tulpa, relaying their words to others)
  • Sub-c (popular shorthand for Subconscious)
  • Switching (total possession and entering a tulpa-like state yourself)
  • Transformation (dramatic and total Deviation)
  • Tupper (because people nagged me to add it)

Changes:

• "Hologram" changed to "Imposed Object"/"Imposed Entity"
  • Wonderland added to include "Dreamscape" and "Mindscape"
  • "Imaginary" marked as potentially insulting to some
  • Clarifications, grammar changes throughout
  • Other stuff I've probably missed, just compare them side-by-side yourself

As I said on the original glossary thread, "Post freely if you wish to add, or contest definitions!" Any and all feedback is good, even if it's just acknowledging that you read it and don't see anything wrong (or that the whole thing should be scrapped and replaced with occult incantations, I'm not fussy).

One last thing before I sign off and leave the floor to the rest of you.

When I initially went about writing the glossary and getting community input, it was intended to be a descriptive process of tulpa-specific language being used as it's currently being used, such that newcomers could understand forum and IRC conversations quickly and easily. It's meant to be a quick set of primers for the newbie, and a reference for the community to prevent bickering over definitions (outside of this thread, of course!)

ちぇえええええええええええええええええええええええええええええ~ん!

Full body possession is not partial control nor is it a switch.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Additions (with short notes):

• Change (a sudden or unexpected Deviation)
  • Growth (a natural or anticipated Deviation)
  • Mindvoice (how you hear a tulpa prior to auditory hallucinations)
  • Transformation (dramatic and total Deviation)

Changes:

• "Hologram" changed to "Imposed Object"/"Imposed Entity"

well , apart from these i'm ok with everything else. But i don't really have such a big problem with these either , i mean , i'll probably get used to them. I've never really liked change of any sort to be honest , so , don't take my opinion on this too seriously.

Also , i have no experience on switching/possession so i can't really say if i agree with those or not

No.

@412: What is so bad with Tupper? Is it just your dislike or is it something else?

Well , i just think it sounds rediculous , but , if people actually use/like it , i guess there isn't really a reason not to include it , i mean , to each his own , right? If you don't like a term don't use it. Since it's a glossary though and i have seen quite a few people use it i guess it should be added , it's inevitable really.

Don't take this post too seriously.

I should clarify that mindvoice is actually defined in the glossary draft as "the internal dialogue between tulpa and their host, heard as a voice in the mind. A method of tulpa communication, not to be confused with voices heard as fully externalized auditory hallucinations". Nothing about prior is actually specified, that was me be lazy and slightly inaccurate on the short notes.

Full body possession is not partial control nor is it a switch.

As someone who's done neither, can you clarify? I've been told those are reasonable definitions until now.

ちぇえええええええええええええええええええええええええええええ~ん!

full body possession: the host is still aware of the body and let the tupper control everything.

switching: host is completely unaware of the body, he literally experiences the wonderland as his reality, while the tupper has full control of the body

What Pronas said more or less explains it. Those who claim possession can only be partial have never done full body possession. It's partial if I only let him use the arms, but if the whole body is under his control and I still am aware of the senses, difficult to call it partial possession or a switch, no?

Or you guys changed the definitions into something weird while I was gone.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

@412: What is so bad with Tupper? Is it just your dislike or is it something else?

@Pronas & Sands: Can you please explain what you want to improve on the definitions better? The current proposed definitions for possession and switching don't say that possession is just of a part of body, nor do they say that it becomes switching when you possess the whole body. Maybe it could be made more explicit, but otherwise it seems good to me.

@Stevebat: Why Parallel Processing? It's a term you can easily google if you want to find out because it isn't a term specific to our community, but it could be included if enough people don't understand it or don't

Possession (allowing a tulpa to partially control your body)

@Pronas & Sands: Can you please explain what you want to improve on the definitions better? The current proposed definitions for possession and switching don't say that possession is just of a part of body, nor do they say that it becomes switching when you possess the whole body. Maybe it could be made more explicit, but otherwise it seems good to me.

Perhaps the bold will help?

@Sands: Perhaps you should go and read the latest full definition of the term instead of a short note that might not reflect the term fully?

Possession

the practice of willingly allowing a tulpa to control the body (or individual body parts, such as the hands or vocal chords) of its host