Tulpas have free will?

motorheadlk

I mean, I know they are sentient and all, but how much of what she wants is determined by what the host wants?

This thought just crossed my mind after thinking "How can so many hosts fall in love with their tulpa, and every tulpa be in love with them, without exceptions?"

I'm talking from what I've read, is there any host here who loves (I mean the LOVE thing, not the like thing) his tulpa and the feeling is not mutual, in other words, your tulpa doesn't love you? I know of tulpas who came to love the host without the host loving her, but that doesn't disprove what I supposed of what tulpas wanting/liking being something you decide, not her.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tulpae have free will. Mine seems to do whatever she likes and I barely make her do things. I am not in love with my Tulpa and probably never will be. I don't know how Silver really feels.

But I am guessing it is possible to love a Tulpa and them not have the same feelings towards you as you have towards them, because Tulpe like a few different things than their hosts.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

Tulpae have free will. Mine seems to do whatever she likes and I barely make her do things. I am not in love with my Tulpa and probably never will be. I don't know how Silver really feels.

But I am guessing it is possible to love a Tulpa and them not have the same feelings towards you as you have towards them, because Tulpe like a few different things than their hosts.

It seems to me that it's possible, but I just find hard to believe since so many hosts and tulpas are in a romantic relationship and there is no host that loves his tulpa and his tulpa doesn't love him. It's like, what they want is not determined by what you want necessarily, but by what you guess that she would want, and since most people would only come to love someone if there was a possibility of the tulpa loving back, then they kinda make the tulpa love him in a way or another, by subconsciously thinking of it. It's like, your tulpa can still surprise your conscious self, but everything she does will be determined by your subconscious, therefore she has no free will, given that she can't change your subconscious to what she wants (if she wants something that the subconscious doesn't determine himself).

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

We disagree when it comes to many things.

He likes me. A lot. I don't share the need to cuddle him. It's mostly under control but sometimes he goes a bit too far. At least the silly cutesy pet names stopped very early on.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest lolbatty

I think a lot of tulpa/creator love relationships are more or less planned from conception consciously and otherwise. I see a lot of language on the forums and in chat that suggests the motivation for love is a key aspect of the development process, as well as an integral part of the tulpas personality.

I think about this often in regards to keen... whether or not I am unintentionally creating his feelings towards me, but he has displayed quite a bit of emergent behaviors and feelings I did not initially encourage. For instance he is very logical, cold and detached by nature... but he is very protective of my mental state and sends waves of adoration my way at random times. I feel that he loves me unconditionally as more a creator and intellectual companion than a lover, though he has expressed curiosity about sex (apparently I think about it enough to raise suspicions) it's not in light of relationship.

I havent spent much time reading about people's personal relationships with their Tulpa but it is my belief (and Keens as well) that many Tulpa are fashioned in such a way that a relationship with their creator becomes an eventuality rather than a possibility.

Guest Anonymous

Are they?

I've had an argument with Twi and lost to verifiable facts. If that isn't proof of sentience, I don't know what is.

>Implying humans have free will

>Free will

>2012

>Laughingphilosophers.jpg

I'd say both tuppermancers and hosts share the quality of their actions not being (completely?) determined by their conscious will.

Am i the only one that doesnt want to fall in love with a beautful tulpa?

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

>Implying humans have free will

>Free will

>2012

>Laughingphilosophers.jpg

I'd say both tuppermancers and hosts share the quality of their actions not being (completely?) determined by their conscious will.

This. Tulpa's can only have as much free will as humans.