Tulpas have free will?

motorheadlk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything you do is determined by your subconsciousness therefore you have no free will.

Wrong, as long as I have choices I can do even what I don't want to.

If everything you do is not determined by your subconsciousness then why should everything tulpa does be determined by your subconsciousness?

What I want is determined by my subconscious/body/other things, what I choose is determined by myself/consciousness, a tulpa is a part of the subconscious thus unable to completely disregard it.

From what I gather the prevailing view here on what is tulpa is that it is something that is highly connected to and emergent from your subconsciousness, but it is not identical to it.

Shorter term: A part of your subconsciousness.

That also happens to be an accurate description of what you are, so why should it be fully determined by your subconsciousness while you are not?

You are not a part of your subconscious, you are the conscious, you are the one who says I think therefore I am, you are the concave and the subconscious is the convex, you're not the same, you're correlated, but you're not the same, and even if you're influentiated by it, you can always do whatever you decide, be what you want or not.

In addition to this, why can't tulpa alter your subconsciousness?

Not that they can't alter all of it, they just can't alter themselves by altering the subconsciousness after they're fully formed, because even if they did, they would go either to a cycle of personality changes or to a final personality that would never change because likes the way it is, anyway, them they could not alter themselves anymore, and definitely not what they like, and thus after a tulpa is finally formed she/he can't change what she/he likes, therefore he doesn't have free will as he's obligated to follow what he likes.

Ignoring the obvious impossibility of consciously doing something you don't want to, because if you are doing it you for one reason or another want to do it, would mind if I ask what is your statement that tulpae can't do that based on?

You're confusing "you" and "you". See the example I gave about a man who can starve to death if he wants. The "you" (consciousness) can decide not to eat, yet the "you" (body/brain/unconsciouss) wants to eat, therefore, if he can starve to death, he can do what he doesn't wants to.

[[

No, not really. I never had any reason to prove to myself or anyone else that I have "free will," or, "willpower." To do such things is a waste of effort for no gain and ultimately you're ignoring signals your body sends you that help you survive. Describing "free will" this way, it is a stupid thing to exercise.

Glass just got done doing that.

]]

Really? Describe.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

Not that they can't alter all of it, they just can't alter themselves by altering the subconsciousness after they're fully formed, because even if they did, they would go either to a cycle of personality changes or to a final personality that would never change because likes the way it is, anyway, them they could not alter themselves anymore, and definitely not what they like, and thus after a tulpa is finally formed she/he can't change what she/he likes, therefore he doesn't have free will as he's obligated to follow what he likes.

Oh? Could this be one of the key differences between tulpa and humans I've been searching for?

I can't actually tell what it is he said, looks kind of loopy to me.

Anyways, in response to the OP, I think a tulpa early on is heavily affected by what its creator expects from it, but over time becomes more autonomous and is less affected by its creator. At least that is what I have noticed with Alexandra.

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

IMHO, Tulpa consciousness is identical to the original mind, the differences that manifest come from the difference in the environment of the minds, one is in the physical world, the other resides within the mindscape.

IMHO, Tulpa consciousness is identical to the original mind, the differences that manifest come from the difference in the environment of the minds, one is in the physical world, the other resides within the mindscape.

Oh God fuck off with these 1700s philosophy debates on dualism. Human choice =/= free will. Shut the fuck up.

You are not a unique snowflake, you are not exempt from the laws of physics and do not have free will. If you still have issues with this, take an intro to psychology course.

My tulpa does not have free will as I can control it.

If a tulpa reaches a point where a host cannot control them, then maybe they have free will. But until that point, a host can stop them and puppet the tulpa's body to make it do what the host wants. How much control a Tulpa has and how much control a host has I would say depends on the individuals.

Oh God fuck off with these 1700s philosophy debates on dualism. Human choice =/= free will. Shut the fuck up.

You are not a unique snowflake, you are not exempt from the laws of physics and do not have free will. If you still have issues with this, take an intro to psychology course.

>Not being a compatibilist in the Year of our Lord 2012.

If human choice is not free will, then praytell what is free will?

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

I would enjoy if you had arguments, sir. Otherwise, you should "fuck off".

My tulpa does not have free will as I can control it.

If a tulpa reaches a point where a host cannot control them, then maybe they have free will. But until that point, a host can stop them and puppet the tulpa's body to make it do what the host wants. How much control a Tulpa has and how much control a host has I would say depends on the individuals.

Until the point the tulpa can't be puppeted or parroted anymore. But even then, they are already programmed (or being programmed) to follow given traits and likes/dislikes, even if you would like to think that she has free will to choose her personality (I'm not talking directly to you here, but to people who think this), she will just decide for the personality that appears to be better on the subconscious perspective, following it, so it either follow the subconscious or the conscious, not having free will to choose herself, after, they can't have free will as they are stuck by what they like/dislike. The closest to free will a tulpa could have would be giving her a trait that she isn't rational and doesn't always follow what she likes, still, she would be following the trait one gave her.

[[ Deciding which universe to live in. ]]

Lecture about it man, I'm not following here, how would deciding a universe be free will for a tulpa?

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.