Do you think your tulpa will like you?

Lulu

I think the only person who's making a tulpa that has a chance of not liking their creator is thatoneguy. But mine most likely will.

At this Clair said "Heh, fat chance. You're [Me] one of the only people I can stand, even if you are an asshat sometimes."

Having snark offs is fun.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course mine will. I have devoted and am going to being devoting dozens of hours to bringing them into existence, and already love her completely. They have no reason not to.

Has anyone heard of that happening? Someone making a tulpa only to have it generally dislike them?

That would seriously have to the biggest figurative kick to the nuts fathomable.

Well, there's Rhyme. Yukari seems to like him well enough but said she prefers talking to other people (like on the IRC).

I'm pretty sure mine will. I've given her traits that should maker her take interest in, or at least understand most of the things I like doing, in addition to ones that should produce interests I don't have but could reasonably take up. Her personality responds greatly to emotions, and I already love her more than anything and give her tons of love and care in our sessions.

(I refuse to put something like "loves me" in her personality, despite some of the posts in the depressed-tulpa thread -- I may as well make a computer program that pops up random message boxes with "I love you", it would seem about as real.)

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I'm trying to make her very accepting and generally takes a liking to people unless they have bad intentions, plus, although she is nowhere near sentience, I already care about her a lot, so she should probably end up liking me...

Tulpa: Brook

Stage: We're back at the beginning

Rhyme's.

Wow, that's actully happened? I don't even know what to say...

I think I'm just going to make loving me a major aspect of my tulpa's personality. Some people on here may argue that this would seem fake, but here's how I look at it. I have suffered nothing but rejection from women my entire life. Even repulsive looking women with shitty social skills want nothing to do with me. If I spent 150+ hours trying to create a fictional woman primarily to alleviate my loneliness only to have her dislike me... I think that would drive me over the edge. Scratch that, I KNOW it would drive me over the edge.

Gotta make sure that shit doesn't happen.

No. Loving is fine. It's a valid trait. Mine is loving. What I'm avoiding is "loves me", which is a choice she will have to make for herself, though I can influence it by trusting her, loving her unconditionally, treating her well, etc. I regularly tell her that I hope she will be a very close friend to me.

Also I wouldn't mind if she trolls me on occasion.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)