Do you think your tulpa will like you?

Lulu

Alice likes me ;_; she's just mean to me ;_; Kat likes me though thankfully

I could deal with my tulpa being mean to me sometimes. Even couples who love each other a lot say mean things to each other out of anger. In fact, I wouldn't want my tulpa to be nice to me ALL the time. There's gotta be some drama to make the experience seem real and keep things interesting.

I'd also want it to dislike certain negative aspects about me, such as my tendency to procrastinate.

But general dislike or indifference from a tulpa...that would make me lose it completely.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm just going to make loving me a major aspect of my tulpa's personality.

I think that's both wrong, and pointless.

I think that's both wrong, and pointless.

Why? If two people are going to have to spend their life together in one body, isn't it better for them to be in love? Besides, if your tulpa hates the idea that much, then they can deviate it away. It's better to be upfront about your desires and expectations instead of trying to hide them under some false veneer of propriety.

You, for example, obviously have romantic intentions for your tulpa. You think you're going to fool them by not trying to force it? Do you think that you're going to convince them that you're some paragon of platonic willpower? They have access to your subconscious already. They already know.

The decision is always ultimately theirs. By forcing it, you simply make the emphasis that you put on it clear, instead of deceitfully burying it.

Why? If two people are going to have to spend their life together in one body, isn't it better for them to be in love? Besides, if your tulpa hates the idea that much, then they can deviate it away. It's better to be upfront about your desires and expectations instead of trying to hide them under some false veneer of propriety.

You, for example, obviously have romantic intentions for your tulpa. You think you're going to fool them by not trying to force it? Do you think that you're going to convince them that you're some paragon of platonic willpower? They have access to your subconscious already. They already know.

The decision is always ultimately theirs. By forcing it, you simply make the emphasis that you put on it clear, instead of deceitfully burying it.

Don't you think programing something to love you is fucked up? I don't want to force it on her.

Also, people seem to have different opinions on what traits actually do.

Don't you think programing something to love you is fucked up? I don't want to force it on her.

Also, people seem to have different opinions on what traits actually do.

I don't think that it's fucked up, because I wouldn't have minded it happening to me.

And anybody on this forum who bitches about not finding true love should feel the same way. You have the chance to give them that gift and instead you're going to throw them into the same abyss that you complain about yourself.

I don't think that it's fucked up, because I wouldn't have minded it happening to me.

So you wouldn't mind being brainwashed into loving some fat ugly landwhale?

You have the chance to give them that gift and instead you're going to throw them into the same abyss that you complain about yourself.

But its not giving, its forcing.

So you wouldn't mind being brainwashed into loving some fat ugly landwhale?

But its not giving, its forcing.

What's a negative quality is subjective. If you love somebody, then their negative qualities are no longer negative to you.

I wouldn't mind being brainwashed into loving a "fat ugly landwhale", because they'd no longer then be a "fat ugly landwhale" to me. Look at the movie "Shallow Hal". Was that guy in a bad position?

As far as tulpae are concerned, the distinction between giving and forcing is irrelevant. They can't choose any of their own personality traits consciously.

I wouldn't mind being brainwashed into loving a "fat ugly landwhale", because they'd no longer then be a "fat ugly landwhale" to me.

Oh my god you're hurting my face... No one wants to be brainwashed into loving someone they don't. If you're that desperate, go find yourself a landwhale. I'm sure she'd be trilled.

tl;dr

You're full of shit.

Look at the movie "Shallow Hal". Was that guy in a bad position?

But its not that shitty movie's version of brainwashing. Its more like a love potion.

They can't choose any of their own personality traits consciously.

That's why you shouldn't force anything on them. That's also why I'm going with pure narration.

I'm a horrible person, but I'm giving her the trait of understanding and acceptance and we share similar interests and personalities so hopefully she will but i find it unlikely.

The thing about your tulpa is that it know everything about you and if my friends knew about all of the things I've done, I doubt they would continue to associate with me.

But hey, who knows.

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous

Oh my god you're hurting my face... No one wants to be brainwashed into loving someone they don't. If you're that desperate, go find yourself a landwhale. I'm sure she'd be trilled.

tl;dr

You're full of shit.

But its not that shitty movie's version of brainwashing. Its more like a love potion.

That's why you shouldn't force anything on them. That's also why I'm going with pure narration.

I'm not full of shit. I'd go find a landwhale if I thought she could brainwash me to love her.

Also, what happened in Shallow Hal is basically the same thing as tulpa, except the imposition was on an already-existent person.

Even if you don't force anything on them, your subconscious will, just as you were forced to be who you are. Choice is an illusion. Deal with it.