Do you think your tulpa will like you?

Lulu

Guest Albatross_

I'm not full of shit. I'd go find a landwhale if I thought she could brainwash me to love her.

Also, what happened in Shallow Hal is basically the same thing as tulpa, except the imposition was on an already-existent person.

Even if you don't force anything on them, your subconscious will, just as you were forced to be who you are. Choice is an illusion. Deal with it.

You need to register already, my friend.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really want to get into this since it seems to be so touchy with you all (or at least LuLu, and for good reason).

I'm just going to say that if you want your tulpa to love you, it will deviate to do so. Thus if you hope it will, it will, and there will be no need to but a trait in specifically saying it loves you.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

I don't see why my tulpa wouldn't love me.

Personally I love myself quite a bit, I've always thought that a female clone of myself would be the most perfect partner, so subconsciously I'm not projecting anything towards her that might make her dislike me.

You need to register already, my friend.

I already have.

I'm not full of shit. I'd go find a landwhale if I thought she could brainwash me to love her.

Wow.

Even if you don't force anything on them, your subconscious will

As long as I'm not consciously doing it, I don't care. My subconscious isn't "me" if that makes any sense.

Choice is an illusion. Deal with it.

Opinions.

I already have.

So you went anonymous to fight with me? Coward.

Oh my god you're hurting my face... No one wants to be brainwashed into loving someone they don't.

Even if you didn't want to be, once you were, you wouldn't mind since you loved them.

If you're that desperate, go find yourself a landwhale. I'm sure she'd be trilled.

Too bad the landwhale doesn't know how to brainwash someone into loving them unconditionally. This situation has no relation to this argument unless said landwhale has some sort of reeducation facility or magic drug.

Even if you didn't want to be, once you were, you wouldn't mind since you loved them.

Because fuck ethics, right?

Because fuck ethics, right?

I don't know where ethics were when nature/evolution decided to give us our semi-random motivational systems. Who you fall in love with, what foods you like and a lot of other things are pretty much random and greatly biased by both environment and biology. Making a new being with motivations that you pick for it does have some ethical problems as far as how it would interact with the rest of the world or if its goals are attainable (unfulfillable goals tend to be painful/bad), but leaving that side, I don't think ethics or morality can be used to judge initial random goals like that simply because various systems of ethics and morality are based on such axioms as those goals.

Too bad the landwhale doesn't know how to brainwash someone into loving them unconditionally. This situation has no relation to this argument unless said landwhale has some sort of reeducation facility or magic drug.

If he's so desperate for true love that he's willing to be brain washed by a landwhale to obtain it, then he should just find a landwhale, and get over how she looks. Is what I was trying to say.

I don't know where ethics were when nature/evolution decided to give us our semi-random motivational systems. Who you fall in love with, what foods you like and a lot of other things are pretty much random and greatly biased by both environment and biology. Making a new being with motivations that you pick for it does have some ethical problems as far as how it would interact with the rest of the world or if its goals are attainable (unfulfillable goals tend to be painful/bad), but leaving that side, I don't think ethics or morality can be used to judge initial random goals like that simply because various systems of ethics and morality are based on such axioms as those goals.

As far as morality goes for the creation of a being that you and only you should be interaction with, I agree with your point. However, my point of view comes from the idea that the tulpa I am creating will have characteristics of any other sentient being that I interact with (ie, make them as normal of a being as possible). Now, I can see where the bias in my statement lies, that being toward the idea that my tulpa will achieve the sentience of a human being, but this idea is also one where the moral axioms I was suggesting would apply.