Problem when going back to subsection from a thread.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If I decide to create a thread, when I make a title, it'll give me a list of similarly titled threads. When I click on something, lets say:

http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-Planning-VS-Subconscious

And decide to go back to the subsection it its in (Q&A), I'll be taken to the page it was located on. Not counting any bumps, that link it as page 35. What if I wanted to go to the first page of that section? Just a peeve I have.

As you wrote it, it sounds like it goes to the 35th page and not the first? But it actually goes to the 1st page for me. Actually, I think it would be nice to have it go to the page where the thread was located instead of the first page.

When I clicked that link, and then clicked "Questions And Answers" in the breadcrumb line at the top, it did indeed take me to page 35. I can see it's showing me the page the thread is on, which makes sense.

Presumably you'd be browsing a board and clicking into a thread, then using that breadcrumb to return to where you were. Therefore this behavior makes sense, though less so if you got to the thread from somewhere else.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

If you want to go back to the page the thread was located, you can click the back button in your browser. I agree it should go to page 1

Weird.. I swear when I tried it the first time, it went to Page 1. But then again, this forum takes less than a second to load so you can just click the first page after it takes you to 35.

If you want to go back to the page the thread was located, you can click the back button in your browser. I agree it should go to page 1

Works less well when you've quoted and replied to a post first. But yeah, I did rather expect it to take me to page 1.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)