Coming Changes to Tulpa.info

Pleeb

Guest Anonymous

Might I suggest keeping pledges anon so that people aren't ganging up on others to donate/pledge?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy smokes, that was quick!

HUGE THANKS, like, wow!

We've already made it over the amount needed, thank you, to everyone who made a pledge! I'll keep you guys posted, it'll probably be just a bit longer until the site content is ready and it's time to purchase the framework, but you guys seriously have made my day!

If you want to keep the pledges anon, you're free to right now!

Seriously, this has made my day, I'll keep you guys posted! Thank you, everyone!

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

[[ So when does it actually happen? ]]

Good question.

Once the site content is finalized, which will certainly be in the next few weeks (I've finished dealing with the hurricane, some personal stuff, and I just have one assignment left to deal with by the end of the week for uni), I'll write up a logical organization of the site content, as well as buy the framework once we work out a way to donate the pledges. I'll set up the framework on a test domain and play around with establishing the proper layout.

After this, I'll present the content and the layout to the community to see what they think, and we can finalize anything left.

Then, once everything is ready, I'll be taking the site down for a little bit to configure the new site structure (I'll migrate the forums and set up their redirects first, so they'll be the first to be back up).

Spoiler

Before I continue, let me just shout out a short list of what's to come:

A new site layout and color scheme

and color scheme

everything%20is%20different%20now.gif

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Guest Albatross_

THAT'S WHAT I FORGET TO ADD!

Yeah, we're going to have full (or almost full) mobile support.

So, should Road and myself drop development of the Android app?

Kate here, I'm liking a lot of these changes, but I am curious about one thing:

The "Hidden Research" board. I think this sort of thing should be as open as possible, you could probably make it so only a select few can post, while others can only watch. I know there are people who wouldn't want to show their faces here, but seriously, if you want to help with research, you shouldn't be scared about being on the spotlight. Be it bad or good, I think everyone has the right to know everything about tulpas.

Besides this I'm liking a lot the other changes and we wish you guys a lot of luck to put it into practice :3

I'll leave it up to Purlox to discuss that aspect (he's the one who proposed it). I think it has something to do with preventing frontloading or something. Similar to how you have two test groups, one you give the medicine and another you give the sugar pill, without actually telling them what they're getting -- something like that.

So, should Road and myself drop development of the Android app?

Not unless you want to. This won't be an app, but rather plugins (for instance, the plugin that tulpa.info/articles/ is using right now, and a mybb plugin theme for the forums, that sort of thing).

I have no idea how it will look in different phones, and your app may look better on the android than the plugin does.

So yeah, keep it up if you guys are working on it, don't let a mobile theme stop you.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Could you add like maybe a simple text version or something screen reader friendly? Mainly something not intended to be seen? Except by screen readers?

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Guest Anonymous

You could buy one of those screens that only allow viewing from a certain angle.

Could you add like maybe a simple text version or something screen reader friendly? Mainly something not intended to be seen? Except by screen readers?

The current main site (excluding forums, articles section) should be screen reader friendly (I totally have this little gem); I'm going to try and ensure the new version is as well.

You could buy one of those screens that only allow viewing from a certain angle.

:huh:

Spoiler