Coming Changes to Tulpa.info

Pleeb

Just a note, we have someone designing all the images and text and stuff for each theme, so if we add a new theme, it means that they have to recreate all the images for that theme as well (the images for the light theme should be done soon).

So while it should be possible to have user-edible themes (even if it's just javascript stuffs), the images may cause it to look weird/out-of-place.

Ideally the FAQ will be moved to the wiki; I'm not quite sure how it should be structured overall, though; I don't know much about wikis, but they generally allow for user-driven content as well as a discussion page.

Hey Pleeb, it's nice to hear that the site over haul is still being worked on, I was starting to get a bit worry that the whole project has stopped or something.

can't wait to see what the finished site will look like.

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is an estimated time these changes will take place?

Once the theme is finished (still working on the images for the light part, I believe), probably. I posted this in the IRC, you guys can comment too:

11:04 <~Pleeb> This is what I'm generally going to be doing:

11:05 <~Pleeb> Everything will be 302 redirects for right now,

11:06 <~Pleeb> I set up the forums properly on community.tulpa.info, then set up a 302 redirect that changes things like hxxp://tulpa.info/forums/Forum-General-Discussion to hxxp://community.tulpa.info/forum-general-discussion

11:07 <~Pleeb> Then I'll set up a redirect from hxxp://tulpa.info to hxxp://www.tulpa.info (302),

11:08 <~Pleeb> We need to work out what we're going to do for SEO in regards to the guides already existing, and we need to work out what we're going to do about the wiki's structure vs user-submitted guides.

11:08 <~Pleeb> for instance, check the wiki on reddit, they link to us all over the place.

11:09 <~Pleeb> (we've also got various other backlinks built up). So should we have user-submitted guides stored on the community subdomain? I guess we would have to.

11:11 <~Pleeb> Links.tulpa.info, a theme needs to be designed for that, but I'm not too concerned, I could do that myself. Articles.tulpa.info will have to be migrated, put under thesis, SEO'd, and 302 redirects for all of the current articles to the new versions of them.

11:11 <~Pleeb> These technical things, the redirects, I'll deal with that.

11:11 < Purlox> Can't we move the old guides on tulpa.info to some old guides page(s) somewhere on www.tulpa.info ?

11:12 <~Pleeb> We could do that, we could put them on the wiki as locked guides, there's a few things we could do.

11:12 <~Pleeb> I can even link them back to their original posts on the forums, for some of them (e.g. Chupi's and Phi's, etc).

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Ideas for the new thing pertaining to guides.

They should be in sections labeled:

• General ("how to make a tulpa" guides)
  • Personality
  • Visualization
  • Narration
  • Imposition
  • Forcing (tips for the actual process of conducting the forcing)
  • Possession/Switching (if this gets big enough for its own section)
  • Voice (maybe. see above)
  • Miscellaneous (things that won't fit in the other sections or "hay this thing worked for me, you guise might want to try it" half-guides)

Which one it belongs in would be specified by the creator of the guide when they first post it in the untested guides section, and it would be placed into its section when it gets moved to Tested Guides

Edit: Added "Voice" and "Forcing"

Why not just combine these into a Tulpa Media subforum, where people can tag threads with things like [Art], [Text], [Video], [Audio], etc.?

We could do that, but I think it would be better if those were subsections instead of tags, because most people wouldn't use tags most likely.

Could you make the tag a checkbox and make it required to be selected?

Or could you make each of those things that I mentioned subforums?

• 2 months later...

How separate is the Metaphysical section going to be? I'd like it to be something like meta.tulpa.info or something, cut off from the rest of the site.

How separate is the Metaphysical section going to be? I'd like it to be something like meta.tulpa.info or something, cut off from the rest of the site.

That would require installing a separate instance of the forum package. Besides, if it's that separate, we can't move threads there when people post them on the regular forums.

I don't know how doable it is with the current package (MyBB), but a separate subforum like we have now, plus a checkbox in users' profiles to show or hide it, would accomplish something similar.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing that Pleeb is gone...

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)