[Subselves] The Shadow

schlondark

I know this thread is old and thread necromancy is bad... but I really feel like I have something to add here.

I faced off with my shadow many times, in many odd ways. First he merely challenged my tulpa and I, and we fought him off. At this time he tried calling my tulpa a monster, and telling her that she would eventually try to kill me or something crazy and that she was innately evil. We told him to fuck off and kept fighting him, but he continued to mess with the wonderland.

Eventually we built barriers to keep him out, and for a time that worked. Then he came to us, disguised as a strange man, and told me he was an "old tulpa" of mine from my childhood that I had not intended to make and that he just wanted to be friends. However, he was a jerkass, and kept making my tulpa feel uncomfortable. He tried to be suave, and "all knowing" but we didn't trust him and sent him away. He said that the "shadow" I saw was him appearing to me and "having his fun" before actually showing himself.

Later the shadow attacked full force and we fought him off again, and no longer tried to speak to us. Then for a long time he disappeared... that is until late October of 2012.

That day in late October, this happened: http://boards.4chan.org/x/res/12222129#p12223128

What does everybody think, any opinions on what happened, any theories?

(I would post it here, but it is so long I don't want to create a giant post. I was actually directed here by someone from the link.)

Name: Arya

Form: Anthro Avian

Time Spent: 8-10 hours forcing, stopped counting narration time

Stage: Wrapping up personality/Visualization good/She is speaking well

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theory-wise, it's possible that some part of your mind harbored fear about who your tulpa really was and whether or not its intentions were pure.

Regarding the ritual that occurred in october ( http://pastebin.com/HB43W5Mb) , It is my opinion that this 'merge' could be symbolic of you accepting any perceived fears you had about your tulpa, and moving on without allowing them to affect your tulpamancing experience any further.

Theory-wise, it's possible that some part of your mind harbored fear about who your tulpa really was and whether or not its intentions were pure.

Regarding the ritual that occurred in october ( http://pastebin.com/HB43W5Mb) , It is my opinion that this 'merge' could be symbolic of you accepting any perceived fears you had about your tulpa, and moving on without allowing them to affect your tulpamancing experience any further.

Hmm, that very well could be. I know that during that time a part of me was still worried about the dangers or tulpamancing (there don't really seem to be any, but irrational fears work in funny ways :p).

I was talking to a friend who was also making a tulpa, but the tulpa turned out "violent" towards him and he destroyed her. He went to a "psychologist" not long before this and told her all about his tulpa. She told him that she had heard that tulpae take over people, and I think she instilled a lot of negative fear into him, and he passed some of that on to me.

I think your theory is quite good, although I don't block out other possible theories as well.

As a wannabee Jungian Psychoanalyst I would like to believe it was my shadow merging with me in the process of individuation, but when it is in the mind it is always hard to tell what is "just a desire playing out" and what is an actual phenomenon.

What? Best that I can imagine, the Jungian "Shadow" is supposed to have the exact same form as the host, but with a completely different personality.

Generally they do, but from what my shadow did, it changed forms often to suit its purposes. From being just a shadow, to being what looked like an old man tulpa, to other forms.

The only time it looked most like me, was during the "ritual" for me and it seemed very worried and angry at the time. Like it didn't want to be destroyed, probably why it wasn't trying to look like something else at the time.

What? Best that I can imagine, the Jungian "Shadow" is supposed to have the exact same form as the host, but with a completely different personality.

I've heard that the shadow can take a different form, though mine looks like me.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)