Is it true ANYONE can make a tulpa?

Kai

So for the most part you have to be dead.

Hold on let me go to my uncle's grave and tell him about tulpae, see if we can test this.

Well, no, you just have to be extremely handicap. But go check up on your uncle and report back with the results.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Ive ever seen so many experts with so few years of experience. Funny how 99% of the forum had never heard of thought forms 7 months ago and now we know everything.

No, not everybody can make a tulpa.

People with an IQ below 70 would find it either impossible or extremely difficult and [ridiculously] time consuming.

People with damage to certain parts of the brain, like the hippocampus or probably the pineal gland.

People in a coma do not dream, so any argument for them being able to make a tulpa are null.

People who are unable to believe something that they can't see or hear will suffer.

Most people can make a tulpa, though.

Well, no, you just have to be extremely handicap.

Interesting theory. I bet I know where you pulled your 'facts' from. I wonder what your tulpa has to say about it? Looking at the slowpokes thread, would you say they mentally retarded or simply brain damaged? Maybe lazy or not just believing hard enough?

Dont you openly believe that something like 80% of the forum are lying about their tulpa?

I dont know if any one can do this, but I have doubts. Do you guys believe that any person can become any amazing surgeon or an nlf star just by believing hard enough and trying super hard?

Some people arent capable of some things, why would this be different from anything else

I dont know if any one can do this, but I have doubts. Do you guys believe that any person can become any amazing surgeon or an nlf star just by believing hard enough and trying super hard?

Some people arent capable of some things, why would this be different from anything else

Because this is about your mind. If you believe something enough it will be true in your mind. (E.g. no gravity in dreams or tulpae)

Guest Albatross_

I dont think Ive ever seen so many experts with so few years of experience. Funny how 99% of the forum had never heard of thought forms 7 months ago and now we know everything.

wat

Actually I have to agree with you there. It is kind of suspicious to me that so much shit has been accomplished in these 5 months. In particular, I find it rather unsettling that people did not "switch" until people started discussing "switching" as a hypothetical procedure. It sort of got ignored in Dane's guide.

Interesting theory. I bet I know where you pulled your 'facts' from. I wonder what your tulpa has to say about it? Looking at the slowpokes thread, would you say they mentally retarded or simply brain damaged? Maybe lazy or not just believing hard enough?

That sounds like an assault on Phi. Try as I might, I cannot see how he said any of those things.

Dont you openly believe that something like 80% of the forum are lying about their tulpa?

Nah, that's me.

No. That analogy does not transfer.

Answer 1:

Who said it is? Did you even read Phi's post?

Answer 2:

Everyone meeting Phi's criteria has the hardware and software to make one. Unlike being an NFL star, all you need to make a tulpa is a good brain. You don't need to be 6'3" or weigh 250 lb. Everyone has a brain, and most people have working ones. That is all that is necessary.

Guest applesauce99

Everyone has a brain, and most people have working ones.

I can agree with this statement.

To answer OP, I'm pretty sure anyone who can think about something for a few minutes straight can make a tulpa...eventually.

Looking at the slowpokes thread, would you say they mentally retarded or simply brain damaged? Maybe lazy or not just believing hard enough?

Some of them are probably a mix between laziness and belief issues, but some others have different issues: Some people just move at slower rates for different things, it doesn't mean they're stupid. When it comes to chemistry I could never learn anything.

Because this primarily runs off of belief and meditation. Unless they suffer from something mentally, they should be able to impose one given enough time to do so.

This also explains how we're all so called "experts" on this already. It's not they we know everything, it's that we can connect dots. Tulpa run off belief, so of course one could fly if you wanted them to. Of course they could walk through walls. Of course they could teleport beside you. There is absolutely nothing but yourself, or them not wanting to, that would stop them from doing these things. It is people's lack of understanding this that creates so many threads that essentially ask the same question: "Can my tulpa do THIS?" If it's something like the above, yes. If it's changing your hair color then no, they can't.

It's just critical thinking. If you think I know anything more than you do because of that, then I don't. I do occasionally spout the theory about Shadows and Anima and Animus, though. I also throw in the idea of time perception altering once in a blue moon, but I never say it's a fact.

As for the switching, I'm still skeptical about it myself.

I think anyone can make a tulpa. Don't see much reason to believe otherwise.

@Phi: I think he was reacting to your sentences "People with an IQ below 70 would find it either impossible or extremely difficult and [ridiculously] time consuming." and "People who are unable to believe something that they can't see or hear will suffer." and possibly others as well

The first seems to be arbitrary number of IQ that you put as limitation to making tulpae, because you believe people under this IQ will act certain way, that makes it impossible or very hard to make a tulpa. IQ is supposed to measure intelligence not patience and if you don't show me that there is strong relationship between IQ and patience, then I don't see why we should believe your sentence. And even if there is one, that doesn't mean that some desperate person with IQ <70 won't make a tulpa. Patience might not even be required that much if we learn how to get the same results many fast creators have gotten (tulpae fully developed in few days and in matter of few hours).

The second one doesn't seem to be correct at all considering we have many creators that made functional tulpa while doubting it or while being very sceptical about tulpae.

People with an IQ less than 70 are mentally retarded, or, what we call it not, intellectually handicap. Many of the symptoms of mental retardation would, I think, make it rather difficult to impose a tulpa. The most obvious of which would probably be a learning deficit. That would mean that the lower the IQ, the longer it should take somebody to learn something. If you put somebody with an IQ of 40 in a room and told them to make a tulpa, I seriously doubt that they would be able to do it. The lower an IQ is after 70, the less likely it would be for that person to be able to impose a tulpa. Of course somebody with an IQ of 78 could also have these difficulties, but for simplicities sake I would like to put the borderline at the same IQ that the professionals do. This isn't about patience, it's about mental cognition.

Skepticism isn't the same as cynicism. Skepticism is healthy and should not be so detrimental to the creation process. If you absolutely refuse to believe that your tulpa is there, that will make you suffer.

Purlox, I've noticed that you have a hard time grouping people into categories, with the motto "you shouldn't assume how people will act." We have constantly butted heads because of this. As you are an IN(T)J, I find this odd. Usually "everybody is unique" is paired up with people who are (F), not (T). (T) usually think of people as equal. Though this is not always the case, of course, since everybody is different. That being said, I am only making generalizations. Of course there could be somebody with an IQ of 20 that imposes a tulpa in a day, but I believe that that person would be an atypical case, or that there is an X-factor, like Savant Syndrome, that allowed them to overcome the obstacle of their IQ. In that respect, you are correct. Not everybody is the same. However, I do not feel guilty about grouping people into categories like I do. Going through all the X-factors would take up too much time, and would ultimately be confusing to readers who I would hope would have just assumed that there are atypical cases.

"People want companionship" isn't the same as "All people want companionship." I just wanted to express this to you so we may hopefully avoid another similar conflict, and I only post this publicly so nobody else makes the same mistake while reading my posts.

That sounds like an assault on Phi. Try as I might, I cannot see how he said any of those things.

You missed where he said the only people who cant make tulpas are retarded or brain damaged? What I was getting at there was to point out the incongruities between his progress, and the idea that no normal person who is really trying could fail.

Nah, that's me.

And him. And I dont disagree with you guys. Again I was questioning his beliefs that any normal person can do this. What exactly are his assertions based on? First person reports, from people who he thinks are lying.

No. That analogy does not transfer.

Answer 2:

Everyone meeting Phi's criteria has the hardware and software to make one. Unlike being an NFL star, all you need to make a tulpa is a good brain. You don't need to be 6'3" or weigh 250 lb. Everyone has a brain, and most people have working ones. That is all that is necessary.

A quick google search gives me varying heights for the average nfl player ranging from 6'1" to 6'4". Split the difference and thats not much taller than the average height for an american male. The nfl star also wasnt born 250lb, he got that way by hard work.

So follow me here. If, growing up, you worked and trained exactly as hard as any given 5'10" football star did, you probably still would never become one. So what makes you think the exact same thing isnt true for tulpas? What makes you think that if you and a random 'normal' guy' both dropped everything and tupla forced, narrated, and believed in the exact same way, that its impossible for one of you to fail and one to succeed? The only 'evidence' you have that tulpa forcing works for everybody is that most of the people here say it worked for them.

The same people you say are 80% liars.

Answer 1:

Who said it is? Did you even read Phi's post?

Yeah. He said that essentially any non retarded person will succeed with enough time. I am saying there is no real evidence to back that up and based on many other human activities there is a high probability that failure is most likely entirely possible.

Because this primarily runs off of belief and meditation. Unless they suffer from something mentally, they should be able to impose one given enough time to do so.

Should is exactly the sort of qualifier you should have used to begin with.

This also explains how we're all so called "experts" on this already. It's not they we know everything, it's that we can connect dots.

And you and many others, make assumptions and leaps of logic and post them as fact. Again, based on a few months of reports, of people who you dont know, and dont trust.

Where did you get the idea that the IQ lower limit is 70? Gut feeling, or maybe just hyperbole posted as if you were an expert listing off well known facts.

Tulpa run off belief, so of course one could fly if you wanted them to. Of course they could walk through walls. Of course they could teleport beside you. There is absolutely nothing but yourself, or them not wanting to, that would stop them from doing these things. It is people's lack of understanding this that creates so many threads that essentially ask the same question: "Can my tulpa do THIS?" If it's something like the above, yes. If it's changing your hair color then no, they can't.

I agree with this. Nothing I posted has anything to do with the abilities of the tulpa themselves.

It's just critical thinking. If you think I know anything more than you do because of that, then I don't. I do occasionally spout the theory about Shadows and Anima and Animus, though. I also throw in the idea of time perception altering once in a blue moon, but I never say it's a fact.

And thats all my response is. Based on their hearts belief that "Yeah We Can Do It!" every person responding says dont worry failure is only possible if you just dont try hard enough.(or happen to be retarded) I say, maybe you can fail. Maybe Ive been in the process of failing for a long time now, and maybe you too.

Slowpoke here. I'd bet just about anyone can make one, but... I think it's a lot harder than many forum users lead us to believe. People keep marching in here and start hallucinating after 2 weeks....and don't leave after they finish. If it were me, and I were done, I'd be long gone from this place.

And I ain't no stupid. I'm graduating in 3 years with a math/CS degree, and I never go to fucking class. This should be a joke. The slowpokes are the only honest ones. Let's start a witchhunt.