Wouldn't having a Tulpa be very taxing on the brain?

Kai

Your brain makes more connections to compensate. In theory. So far, the only negative things that have resulted concerning what you're talking about is the headaches, which I see as a load pf malarkey.

[Note: Opinions]

As far as I've read, you use all parts of your brain throughout the day, but not all of it at the same time.

The point is that, as tulpatalk said, you can make more connections in your brain. This happens when one learns a new language, or when one engages in a variety of intelligence-enhancing techniques. Creating a tulpa likely does the same thing.

As far as I've read, you use all parts of your brain throughout the day, but not all of it at the same time.

However, it is possible to use all of your brain at the same time. It's called a seizure.

IT BEGINS

20% brain thing is bullocks. You only consciously use 20%, the rest is used for stuff like making your organs do their job.

This. If you only use 20% of your brain, you can give me the other 80% and I'll sell it on the black market for you.

Guest Albatross_

Hey, calm down. I was just spreading disinformation transmitted by hearsay backed by no scientific data. There's no need to be upset.

Hey, calm down. I was just spreading disinformation transmitted by hearsay backed by no scientific data. There's no need to be upset.

I'm not even upset.

If you said, with a serious tone, that we only used 10% then I would be a bit upset, and I would feel compelled to say that you are wrong.

I don't think it would be that taxing on the mind; I mean just look at how much of the brain is reserved for things we rarely do or use. I'm sure managing another conscious shouldn't be too much.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

How do you even measure usage? How many neurons are firing/spiking at the same time? What new synapses are forming/unforming? The amount of blood going to the brain? Energy consumption?

I think trying to argue usage about highly parallel systems like the brain is a bit silly, simply because the brain isn't a sequential CPU, it's more like a hugely massive FPGA which self-modifies as its normal course of action. A tulpa would mean a lot new circuits, and a lot of new shared circuits and so on, but this doesn't mean that you would experience a lot of direct mental strain, such as being unable to focus, that shouldn't happen with a completed tulpa.