Wouldn't having a Tulpa be very taxing on the brain?

Kai

Obviously a Tulpa is something that your brain created and it takes constant brain power to keep it "alive" so to speak.

I imagine that having a tupla would be like a computer running a cpu intensive program all the time.

Since it's likely more taxing on the brain, what are the down sides of this?

Guest Albatross_

There aren't any. Remember those studies where they say only 20% of the brain is used?

Also this is the fourth time you've misspelled "tulpa".

Also, welcome to the forums!

A tulpa is not a servitor, it takes less mental strain to maintain it.

Also this is the fourth time you've misspelled "tulpa".

Thank god for the edit/modify button....

Also, welcome to the forums!

Thanks bro.

No, you're not using your conscious to maintain the tulpa.

So a tulpa is essentially a proxy to access your subconsciousness (albiet, one with a custom personality, appearance, etc.)?

In my experience, there is an upper limit of 3 active tulpae at a time, after that they just tend to bog things down and cheapen the experience for everyone involved. This is most likely because an active tulpa requires a share of your available brainpower.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

So a tulpa is essentially a proxy to access your subconsciousness (albiet, one with a custom personality, appearance, etc.)?

Might be worth asking exactly what are you yourself?

Nobody has a good theory on exactly what tulpae are, but most people perceive them as self aware beings/personalities which are independent of your own conscious personality, with which you can interact through your imagination or "hallucinations" (if imposed) over all your senses.

Others think of tulpae more like subconscious projections, but they seem far to filtered and too much like ourselves in how they hink to just treat them like that, and besides, are we not subconscious projections ourselves, to some extent?

Guest Anonymous

The amount of capacity tulpas occupy is negligible.

There aren't any. Remember those studies where they say only 20% of the brain is used?

This is a false statement, though. Your brain is always using about 80-90% of itself at any given time, and every section is eventually used through out the day and during sleep. It's the same thing in terms of mental tasks as well, mainly because your brain is constantly maintaining homeostasis with no breaks. So it's essentially upkeeping thousands of tasks in the background, leaving you only so much space to do conscious thought. Of course that space is still far more than a normal person could push to capacity.

It's taxing on my brain at least, in the beginning I went through a week I called the week of pain and that was horribly taxing on the brain, most nights I slept for 16 hours. Of course I didn't go through guides and I didn't have help from others so that was probably the toughest part. After the week was over though I finally got used to everything and life went back to normal, all it took was for Alice to get better.

I would imagine that a single tulpa would need energy to maintain, thus taxing your brain, but you would eventually get use to it. It's like how curling 20lbs would be hard for a beginner, but get easier with time until it doesn't take much effort.