Kai

Wouldn't having a Tulpa be very taxing on the brain?

Recommended Posts

Your brain makes more connections to compensate. In theory. So far, the only negative things that have resulted concerning what you're talking about is the headaches, which I see as a load pf malarkey.


[Note: Opinions]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20% brain thing is bullocks. You only consciously use 20%, the rest is used for stuff like making your organs do their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

As far as I've read, you use all parts of your brain throughout the day, but not all of it at the same time.

 

The point is that, as tulpatalk said, you can make more connections in your brain. This happens when one learns a new language, or when one engages in a variety of intelligence-enhancing techniques. Creating a tulpa likely does the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I've read, you use all parts of your brain throughout the day, but not all of it at the same time.

 

However, it is possible to use all of your brain at the same time. It's called a seizure.


IT BEGINS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20% brain thing is bullocks. You only consciously use 20%, the rest is used for stuff like making your organs do their job.

 

This. If you only use 20% of your brain, you can give me the other 80% and I'll sell it on the black market for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Albatross_

Hey, calm down. I was just spreading disinformation transmitted by hearsay backed by no scientific data. There's no need to be upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, calm down. I was just spreading disinformation transmitted by hearsay backed by no scientific data. There's no need to be upset.

 

I'm not even upset.

If you said, with a serious tone, that we only used 10% then I would be a bit upset, and I would feel compelled to say that you are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it would be that taxing on the mind; I mean just look at how much of the brain is reserved for things we rarely do or use. I'm sure managing another conscious shouldn't be too much.


Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you even measure usage? How many neurons are firing/spiking at the same time? What new synapses are forming/unforming? The amount of blood going to the brain? Energy consumption?

 

I think trying to argue usage about highly parallel systems like the brain is a bit silly, simply because the brain isn't a sequential CPU, it's more like a hugely massive FPGA which self-modifies as its normal course of action. A tulpa would mean a lot new circuits, and a lot of new shared circuits and so on, but this doesn't mean that you would experience a lot of direct mental strain, such as being unable to focus, that shouldn't happen with a completed tulpa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.