Touch sensation in wonderland

Romm

So I working on sensation and here's problem. Whenever I deal with it in wonderland its sort of hard and disturbing to transfer sensation on your actual body since you usually in totally different position or unmoving. When I try to do it, I get feeling like it takes me out of wonderland and switches me to the real world.

How do you deal with that?

Well, in addition to the three important senses of Sight, Hearing, and Feeling, (I don't personally consider Taste or Smell terribly important in forcing/ imposing, and even Feeling is a little out there) something that seems to be overlooked is your body's sense of position: kinesthetic sensing, or Proprioception. This is your body's ability to gauge where your limbs are in relation to other body parts, and you can see this ability for yourself by closing your eyes and touching the tip of your nose with your finger. Even though you cannot see where your nose or finger are, you can sense where they are.

Much like we hijack our senses of Sight and Hearing by imposition (of tulpae, servitors, HUDs, etc) on our world of vision and sound, it should also be possible to trick your sense of proprioception by the same means. I've honestly never seen anybody mention this sense on the forum or propose the theory that it is possible to hijack it in the same way as our 5 major senses, so I'll just do that right now, I guess. Come to think of it, this is actually kind of important for people who spend a lot of time in their wonderland body.

I may try some of these later, but here are some methods by which it might be possible to adjust your sense of proprioception to fit your wonderland body.

I'm terribly sorry if these aren't all that great or don't work, but if they do, I'd be glad to hear it. These are just some suggestions of things I think might help you guys.

Begin by visualizing yourself in your wonderland, and seeing with your wonderland eyes instead of your physical ones. For all of these exercises you will keep your physical body still (sitting, lying down, or in whatever position you find most comfortable for forcing and/ or meditation), although you will be moving your wonderland body around a bit. Try to ignore your physical surroundings and gain a general sense of your wonderland environment; ignore the position that your physical body is in and focus on the position your wonderland body is in.

• Stand up straight, and focus on the relative positions that your wonderland body parts are in. Your head is above your shoulders is above your spine is above your legs are above your feet, etc. Sight does not matter, all that matters is that you focus on where your body parts "feel" like they are.
  • Touch your hands together behind your back, focusing on where it feels like your wonderland hands are, and on the feeling that you get when they touch.
  • Raise them above your head and again touch them together, focusing on their relative positions to each other and to the world.
  • Sit down and stand up a few times and focus on how your limbs and arms feel as you balance yourself between positions.
  • Close your eyes in the wonderland, and cease visualization while they are closed. You should only see black, because your wonderland eyes are closed. Now, focus on one of your wonderland hands and where it is in relation to your wonderland body, and slowly bring it to your nose, and touch it. Focus on the relative positions of your arm, hand, fingers, face, and nose.

"Give a man a Truth, and he will think for a day. Teach a man to Reason, and he will think for a lifetime."

-Phil Plait

That is excellent advice, Hakase. I've never heard of anyone talking about how to develop that, I assume because the proprioceptors are so tricky to deal with.

Because my wonderland is mainly on a beach, I like to put bowls of salt and ice in front of a fan, and try to fool the thermoreceptors into thinking I'm really there. It helps.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

I like to put bowls of salt and ice in front of a fan, and try to fool the thermoreceptors into thinking I'm really there. It helps.

That does sound like a pretty good idea. Have you considered trying to slowly lower the amounts of salt and ice, as well as the fan speed, to see if you can still get the same effects from less and less and eventually zero external stimuli?

That is a brilliant idea, thank you!

No problem, let me know how it works out! Maybe I'll go make a guide or something with some of the feedback from people in this thread. Like what works and doesn't work, or if you notice anything interesting while forcing.

"Give a man a Truth, and he will think for a day. Teach a man to Reason, and he will think for a lifetime."

-Phil Plait

I've given it a try. Firstly it sounded quite difficult at first, but it's actually far easier and works pretty good. I only needed to concentrate on my wonderland body position once and it was a huge help. Thanks for the advice.

That does sound like a pretty good idea. Have you considered trying to slowly lower the amounts of salt and ice, as well as the fan speed, to see if you can still get the same effects from less and less and eventually zero external stimuli?

No, I have only recently started it. That's what I hope to accomplish.

There should be a guide that deeply details how to master your wonderland senses.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report