Change of the length of activation period

Purlox

I think that with the current speed of creation, it might be a good idea to lower the activation period from 3 days to only 2. This will allow newcomers to more easily ask questions about guides and it will help them in other ways as well (e.g. being able to become part of the community faster).

Guest Anonymous

I agree. We almost never get spam, and the activation time was because of fede's retardedness. Why should n0085 suffer because of him?

It was also so they would lurk and not ask questions that have been asked countless of times before.

It still happens.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

What Sands said. It's so we don't get these members that sign up, rush to ask a question that's been asked countless other times, and then leave to never come back. This way, they have three days to lurk and search to see if their question has been answered, etc.

I'd like to hear what other members think about this idea.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Disagree. If anything make it longer. We still get tons of people coming into the IRC asking the most rookie questions, having the most uninitiated of attitudes towards tulpas, the kinds of things which should be painfully obvious to anyone who has done the proper research. I recommend more clearly stressing the importance of the activation period for doing preliminary research. This isn't a phenomenon or community that people should be jumping into blindly.

Astral project on my face, brother!

Guest Anonymous

I haven't logged out and made an alternate account, so what happens after signup? Is there a "Go research & force" statement or something?

I haven't logged out and made an alternate account, so what happens after signup? Is there a "Go research & force" statement or something?

Nope, as far as I remember it says that your account will be activated in 3 days by an admin, but if you have a time sensitive issue you should go nag people on the IRC.

The current setup is good. Rookies questions should be asked in the IRC - they ask instantly, people will answer instantly, and then in a minute or two it will be off the top of the page for everyone, and nobody has to even remember it happened except for the asker. Much better than making a big thread about it, getting an answer in twenty minutes and then leaving it there to rot for eternity as a reminder of how you're to lazy to search old threads for answers.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Guest Albatross_

Disagree. If anything make it longer. We still get tons of people coming into the IRC asking the most rookie questions, having the most uninitiated of attitudes towards tulpas, the kinds of things which should be painfully obvious to anyone who has done the proper research. I recommend more clearly stressing the importance of the activation period for doing preliminary research. This isn't a phenomenon or community that people should be jumping into blindly.