Just how common are tulpae?

Hush

So I was having a discussion on the shoutbox earlier today about my fiance seemingly having two tulpae, this one is still inconclusive(I'll definitely talk to her about it soon to get more details), but take it for what you will. pastebin.com/NKUFqY8m

tl;dr: Fiance has always ascribed personification to certain aspects of her personality, recently found out they communicate with her.

A bit later I was sharing the concept of tulpae with a friend. I shit you not, she tells me she's had an Anderson Cooper tulpa for 5 or 6 years, it speaks without her needing to controled. She was a major introvert (probably borderline aspie) girl without many friends, she spoke to him pretending he was there and he eventually became a voice that speaks back to her.(I've invited her to the forums, she'll probably be here posting in 3 or 4 days.

It seems that of the 6 people close enough to me to tell about Hex, 1 for certain, and I believe probably 2 have a tulpa of their own.

I know anecdotes aren't anything conclusive, but assuming my group of friends aren't major outlyers, tulpae must be more common than a lot of us assume.

Guest Anonymous

7 billion people in the world. 1,600 accounts registered, including unused ones. Currently, there are 26 active members and 56 active guests. 1600*2=26002200. Since 1 in 80 people have aspergers/autsim, I'm going to guess

Screw it, I can't do statistics. But I wouldn't be surprised it they are slightly common, as time is something everyone has an excess of.

The math: 1600/7000000000=2.28X10^-7 OR 0.000022%

Anyways, in my social circle I don't believe that there are any other tulpamancers like myself, excluding my brother and a friend.

It would be next to impossible to get even a rough estimate at this time, I would think.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of people who have created pseudo-tulpae as children; but I can't tell how it is for adults. Certainly less common, I imagine.

Lilie - 11 weeks old

We're working on imposition.

It's difficult to determine how common tulpae are because many people may be hesitant to tell others about it for fear of being labeled mentally ill. We may not have any reliable statistics for some time for this very reason.

Well, someone I used to hang out with until about 7 years ago created her own tulpa in 2004..After one of my friends who is into metaphysics talked about how they created one.So, I know for a fact people didn't just start creating tulpas this year, based on what they read online..From what I know about buddhist monks creating tulpas, and people into metaphyics creating thought forms, people have been doing it for centuries. It is just that, like Dear One just said, people don't want to be labeled mentally ill, so they don't talk about it..You would be surprised what kinds of things people hide in the closet from everyone.

Guest Anonymous

I realized that I was wrong a few hours after I edited it. Too lazy to lazy to change it to the correct number. I think that 1 in every 5000 is a better estimate.