Do your friends/family know about your tulpa?

Kai

Who knows about your tulpa?  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who knows about your tulpa?

• Every close friend/family member knows about it.
    • Some close friends/family members know about it.
    • Only one or two close friends/family members know about it.
    • Nobody knows about it, but I may tell some in the future.
    • Nobody knows about it, it will be my secret until the day I day.

Guest Anonymous

Arkham Asylum. I suppose we'll see, eh?

We already have a batman, a joker would certainly complete it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone explain to me why the hell would you tell your family about your hallucination?

I have a crippling inability not to tell people entirely too much about myself if I'm around them for long enough. Even when it's against my best interests.

Aside from that, there are certain people I expect would be interested in knowing about tulpas, my mom included.

I see nothing but all kinds of awkwardness following such a situation.

So no, I'd only reveal I have one to others that also have a Tulpa, which would probably never happen IRL anyways. People are far too sane for my taste, here where I live.

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

I want to tell my family about my tulpa after she's sapient, but I'm scared of what they'll think. I'll probably tell anyway, but maybe in a year... or three.

Name: Suzy

Form: Like my avatar, but realistic.

Time: 58 hours.

Nah, not planning on doing something like that.

For one thing, the very concept of it sounds pretty crazy, what with most people jumping to the immediate conclusion that it's some form of schizophrenia (None of these people seem to know that schizophrenia is a chemical imbalance rather than using the brain's neat ability of filling in gaps). To most folk, I'd wager that this is a handy way of making yourself insane, what with your interacting with something that only you can see and hear. Let's not even go into the type of people this thing seems to attract, making it look even more freakish.

I doubt my family or friends would be too keen on the idea of me making an elaborate illusionary buddy that I like to cuddle with and say sweet nothings to, especially since they already know my non-social nature. Hell, if they found out about it now, I'm absolutely certain they'd try to stop me.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Why are you so afraind of your own parents. As long as you are independent and capable of living on your own in society most of parents will be proud and tolerant, forgiving even if you create imaginary friends. Most of our parents just want us to be happy and capable of fulfilling our dreams.

Also try thinking of this. Internet connects not aliens, but earthlings. This community consists of simple people which you may happen to meet anywhere. So why do you think all people around you are definitely conservative catholics(I appologize to all catholics for using them as example) from middle ages? You meet people from internet everywhere, and your silent and all good-looking neighbors may be participants of much more outrageous communitys than tulpa community. Don't expect worst from people, and especially from your family and friends.

And I don't know if I ever tell to mine. Because I haven't contacted them for ages and it suits me.

Guest Anonymous

Why are you so afraind of your own parents. As long as you are independent and capable of living on your own in society most of parents will be proud and tolerant, forgiving even if you create imaginary friends. Most of our parents just want us to be happy and capable of fulfilling our dreams.

Also try thinking of this. Internet connects not aliens, but earthlings. This community consists of simple people which you may happen to meet anywhere. So why do you think all people around you are definitely conservative catholics(I appologize to all catholics for using them as example) from middle ages? You meet people from internet everywhere, and your silent and all good-looking neighbors may be participants of much more outrageous communitys than tulpa community. Don't expect worst from people, and especially from your family and friends.

And I don't know if I ever tell to mine. Because I haven't contacted them for ages and it suits me.

Welcome to the world of religious parenting, where everything is satanic and the points don't matter. If I were to have started making a tulpa while living with them and they found out, they'd take me directly to an exorcist or the church without even questioning it. Although parents are supposed to accept their children as long as they aren't hurting themselves, it's sadly always been a rare exception to find parents like that. For religious parents, if it's not related to their religion it's subtly the devil trying to seduce you, and must be destroyed by any means. Kids growing up in such intolerant, restrictive families seem like they'd only be more likely to create a tulpa as a way to escape from it, and end up being attacked for doing so. It's perfectly understandable for some kids still living with their parents to not want to risk it and just keep it quiet until they move out.

TL;DR Religion can make your parents crazy intolerant assholes

Not really afraid of them, I'm simply aware that in my current position (Jobless, training for military, generally non-social), telling them that I'm doing a certain type of meditation that allows me to more effectively talk to myself would not be the best of ideas. The fact that my tulpa isn't vocal yet also very much contributes to the idea that I should keep this to myself for the time being. Now, when I'm actually in a better position in life, then I'll likely tell them about the neat meditation method I used when I was a jobless graduate, that boosted my mood, motivated me to work more, and generally gave me a more positive outlook while also giving me a nice companion.

Also try thinking of this. Internet connects not aliens, but earthlings. This community consists of simple people which you may happen to meet anywhere.

Yes, and even a majority of those internet folk find the idea of tulpa highly unlikely or outright crazy. If I ran into someone I knew was pretty open-minded, I would have no problem spilling the beans about thought forms, as well as confessing that I used myself as a guinea pig to see if they could actually happen. While I do think the concept of the tulpa should be spread, I'm generally taking a careful approach to it. I already mentioned it to a few people I know well online, and they seem to be fine with it, but I'm not quite sure I can walk up to Joe Random and talk about my awesome imaginary friends without getting some odd looks. If we're going to spread this thing, we need to do it with some class and care.

Welcome to the world of religious parenting, where everything is satanic and the points don't matter...

Excuse me, but who said anything about that? You think Religious folk are the only people ever who would think tulpa are kind of odd? Hell, are you implying no Religious person ever would accept the idea of tulpa as not satanic, rather just a net little feature of the brain? Because you're talking to one right now. My decision to not tell my people about my tulpa stems only from the fact that she's not vocal yet, and that I'm generally not in that great of a position in my life. When things get better, I'll surely tell them about it and profess that it was one of the reasons that my mood started to sky rocket suddenly and I was slightly more active in improving my life. I've already told them that I've been meditating to help clear my mind and increase my focus, telling them later that my tulpa was a result of that meditation rather than VOODOO FOREIGN DEMON SUMMONING RITUALS should come rather easily when the time comes.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Genuinely offended brah.

Awwwh I'm sorry. At the time of writing we hadn't spoken about it in ages.