Do your friends/family know about your tulpa?

Kai

Who knows about your tulpa?  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who knows about your tulpa?

• Every close friend/family member knows about it.
    • Some close friends/family members know about it.
    • Only one or two close friends/family members know about it.
    • Nobody knows about it, but I may tell some in the future.
    • Nobody knows about it, it will be my secret until the day I day.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't plan on telling my family, besides my brother, who is working on a tulpa himself. My parents were pretty weirded out when I told them I was a brony; which they were okay with, but telling them I'm making a tulpa would be too much for them.

I did tell a friend. He was interested and decided to make a tulpa, but I think either he quit or got bored.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

I just told my girlfriend the other day, was expecting the worst and ended up getting a "wow, this is cool, but just be careful, okay?"

I love her so fucking much :D

Also, this opened up a whole new part of her to me; found out that she had had some (not so pretty) past experimentation with lucid dreaming and had even discovered her shadow... Unfortunately her shadow still bothers her to this day and sometimes gives her panic attacks... We're going to work on this together!

/offtopic

”Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford

That is cool..I was wondering though when she talks about her "shadow" what is she referring too..My friend has this friend I haven't met..He also practices magick, and he has some kind of entity he refers to as his "shadow" that he says he sends after people when he is pissed at them.

That is cool..I was wondering though when she talks about her "shadow" what is she referring too..My friend has this friend I haven't met..He also practices magick, and he has some kind of entity he refers to as his "shadow" that he says he sends after people when he is pissed at them.

Well actually, I actually helped her identify it as a shadow. This being is the result of some dark memories and emotions that she has tried to suppress for maaany years and only came about as a shadowy entity once she practiced lucid dreaming with her friend. Like, she has fully-imposed visual and auditorial hallucinations of this guy, and he torments her to the point of a panic attack (not often, but still).

I tell her she should make a tulpa, and that having someone else in there (her mind) could really help her out. I know my tulpae greatly helped me when I ran into my shadow. Ever since the lucid dreaming stuff started the shadow thing, though, she's been... hesitant to play around any further with her mind.

”Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford

Apparently I helped Viceroy tell his sister over TeamSpeak.

All of my posts, as well as any posts authored by my tulpa(s), are completely fabricated. Nothing I write is to be taken as either fact or evidence of fact.

I'm not "in the closet", I just think it's so cool I think everybody should know. And it's an important part of my life, so I don't see why not. Only one of my (adult) friends has really had a problem with the tulpa making itself-- the other was more worried about the people who had introduced me to tulpe in the first place. All of the people I've told who are my age either thought it was really cool or didn't really seem to react much.

The only important person I haven't told is my mom, who I'm mostly not telling because I already procrastinate with ponies and Pokemon enough, and don't want to be made fun of for having an imaginary friend or anything. Though, really, I'm just scared to find out how she would react.

We haven't told anyone about my existence. My host seems to like the idea of telling someone, but only if we both completely agree. At the moment I've asked him not to tell anyone, it's a little scary to think how people would react. Not to mention that it would make people that are close to my host worry about him.

> friends

Mentioned tulpas in a conversation with my friends about weird shit the human mind is capable of. They all either didn't believe it, or believed it was possible but felt that it's probably pretty dangerous. Didn't tell them.

> best friend that I tell everything too

"That sounds neat, you should do it. I'll do it too if I can find the time"

"Well, I already made one, actually"

"Fucking cool, can I ask it questions?"

> family

Parents are staunch skeptics of just about everything, so no.

My sister and I are close, but she's also skeptical about weird mind shit. Brought it up one time, she didn't believe tulpas an exist.

Gf thought I seemed upset and asked what's wrong. I told her I was feeling stressed, between school and just other weird shit. She asked what was the other weird shit, I kept telling her not to worry about it and it's nothing bad, but she wouldn't stop asking, so I 'fessed up and told her I had a tulpa and that my tulpa and I were having minor issues (I can't lie to her, she can smell my lies). I expected her to call me crazy and recommend I see a psychiatrist, but she thought it was really very interesting and also asked if she could question my tulpa, and is now considering making one herself.

Ban me if I ever mention Telecasters again.

There is kind of someone I want to tell..But, more as a big "fuck you" to them..It is complicated. Basically, this person always wants everyone to kiss their ass because of their accomplishments, but shows little or no interest in the people they want praise from. I guess I want her to know I have a life outside of the role she seemed to choose for me..But, I am probably not going to say anything..Just distance myself from her.