Do your friends/family know about your tulpa?

Kai

Who knows about your tulpa?  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who knows about your tulpa?

• Every close friend/family member knows about it.
    • Some close friends/family members know about it.
    • Only one or two close friends/family members know about it.
    • Nobody knows about it, but I may tell some in the future.
    • Nobody knows about it, it will be my secret until the day I day.

My girlfriend knows. She's very supportive. She and Bud both adore each other. He calls him "mom" and since he's become more vocal they are starting to build their own friendship. This is a working progress because Bud is still nervous talking to anyone but me, but we're working on it.

I've also told a couple of close friends who are really excited about it. One ended up realizing that he's actually had a couple tulpa for a while now and because he knows what they are, he's able to give them the proper attention they need now.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of friends know I have one :P

Same here and I think it would have been better if I didn't tell them.

''I mold my imagination as if it were clay''.

Ashmo, does he speak through you to "mom" or through writing? That's cute.

He's too shy to really proxy through writing yet, though he wants to. He calls one of my friends Auntie Muffin, and he'll write to her sometimes. Most of the time though he'll say something and I relay it to who ever it's directed to "Bud said..." or "Bud says...", it's really rare for him to speak to anyone directly yet.

The online friend who introduced me to the concept naturally knows all about it, as do a couple of others who were also inspired by him to give tulpas a try, as well as two or three members of a forum we're part of. Nobody I know in real life has any clue, and I doubt any of them are even aware of the concept; I wouldn't tell any of them about it unless I felt that maybe they might know about tulpas (and not be against the idea). I haven't even told my girlfriend of four years about Thunderfall, as I don't think she would understand it, or might think I'm just doing some silly RP thing. Plus she often feels that my 'brony level' is too high, so if she discovered him and found out he was a pony... I have no idea what might happen.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

Aww... I think "brony" is too high a brony level, however I'd get used to it. I wouldn't yell or break up with you or anything. I might tease about it though. So maybe she wouldn't? Is she hostile about it?

My lip hurts.

The most fucking weird thing is my roommate is making a tulpa as well. Granted, he's brony as Hell and reads creepypasta, but I was not expecting anyone else in the tri-state area to conjure thoughtforms. Aside from that, I don't dare discuss the topic in real life although I'd like to.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Aww... I think "brony" is too high a brony level, however I'd get used to it. I wouldn't yell or break up with you or anything. I might tease about it though. So maybe she wouldn't? Is she hostile about it?

Not 'hostile', but she kind of feels like enough is enough, she would rather I cease my activities; I've compromised by trying as much as I can to do brony-ish things on my own time. Ironically though, she's the one who got me into it, so technically it's her own fault I am the way I am...

But I'd rather not go into too much depth about this matter. Besides, even if Thunder wasn't a pony, I still don't think she'd understand what I'm doing.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia