Do your friends/family know about your tulpa?

Kai

Who knows about your tulpa?  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who knows about your tulpa?

• Every close friend/family member knows about it.
    • Some close friends/family members know about it.
    • Only one or two close friends/family members know about it.
    • Nobody knows about it, but I may tell some in the future.
    • Nobody knows about it, it will be my secret until the day I day.

My parents and friends have probably never heard of tulpas and I'm not going to change that. Tulpamancy seems to be a controversial topic in general and unless a friend is into it too, I can imagine it would create quite embarassing situations. ". . . can you see him now? What's your tulpa doing? Can he talk already?" They'de be in a room with a person who's messed up in their head - I'd fully understand if they did not take me seriously ever again. Or they would laugh every time they recall such things as tulpas even exist. Or they would find out about it its darker side and spread rumors like this. Even when referring to tulpa practice in religious discussions, I refer to you as "demon summoners" so I don't have to say the word. Just in case anyone would remember it and then google it. But I'll initiate any of them if they show interest in such stuff. I know a few of them might.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends? Yes, a few close friends. Acquaintances? I did introduce one acquaintance to the phenomenon, but only because he is open-minded and intelligent enough to deserve to know so.

Family?! Haha, fuck no!

Name: Raid

Sentience: Confirmed

Working on: Vocality

Personality Traits: Is awesome a personality trait?

Form: 1. Pegasus Pony, with a flat, pink mane, and pink tail, and yellow coat. Also, blue eyes.

2. A blue-haired human (only encountered in dream so far)

My parents and friends have probably never heard of tulpas and I'm not going to change that. Tulpamancy seems to be a controversial topic in general and unless a friend is into it too, I can imagine it would create quite embarassing situations. ". . . can you see him now? What's your tulpa doing? Can he talk already?" They'de be in a room with a person who's messed up in their head - I'd fully understand if they did not take me seriously ever again. Or they would laugh every time they recall such things as tulpas even exist. Or they would find out about it its darker side and spread rumors like this. Even when referring to tulpa practice in religious discussions, I refer to you as "demon summoners" so I don't have to say the word. Just in case anyone would remember it and then google it. But I'll initiate any of them if they show interest in such stuff. I know a few of them might.

You do get used to relaying what they say when (eventually) and it is extremely awkward with your mates especially at first.They don't all take you seriously at first sure I remember that my brothers first response to me even telling him about the phenomenon was ''b*******''.

''I mold my imagination as if it were clay''.

My friend introduced me to the idea of tulpae, and he, his other friend, and I started generally around the same time. He's still in the process of trying to get his character just right before trying to create it as a tulpa. I don't know about his friend, but as for me, I'm just working on Ellie as I go. Besides, to each their own method, right?

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

I've told my very closest friends about my tulpas, because it's been an important part of my life lately and they should know. I've told more friends as well, the people I'd expect to find tulpas more interesting and less strange. I haven't told my family (except my brother, but he falls into the first category) because I don't know what they'd think of it.

However, I've never really told anyone much, just an outline of what I'm trying to accomplish and a basic description of my two tulpas. Tulpamancy seems like such a personal thing to me, it feels awkward as soon as I start talking about it out loud. I think I'm afraid that, even with the open-minded people I'm talking to, I'll come off sounding crazy if I'm fully honest...

• 3 weeks later...

No, none of the old host's family know, not about the tulpae and not about the merging. How would I tell them without sounding completely insane?

Most of his close friends know about the tulpae, but only 2 friends know about the merging, which was certainly an awkward conversation. They actually believed me, so that's quite amazing.

Yeah, I don't think anyone else needs to know.

Nope.

I think i posted on this a while back when not many of my friends knew about Yuki. Now almost all of them do and they want to make tulpas too lol. None of my family knows though. God they'd flip out so much

Name-Yuki

Sex-Female

Form1-Arctic wolf, big blue eyes

Form2-Long white hair, blue eyes, pale skin, white wolf ears/tail, light blue jacket

Personality-Compassionate, calm, sarcastic, playful, protective, introverted

Stage-Sentient, vocal, working on possession

Told 2 friends who aren't in particular my closest friends. But, they seemed open-minded enough, and smart enough to look into it, if they so desired. Then, a 3rd friend who was much closer to me found out by accident. Then a 4th friend found out because I mentioned "tugs" and h somehow found it. And the original 2 told their girlfriend's about it. No family members, though I might tell my psychologist about them one day. I also plan to tell a childhood friend about them.

Weu.