Splooshie's Progress Report

Splooshie123

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a month since I last posted. I don't visit the forums regularly anymore. I usually hang out on IRC.

A lot has happened in that month.

Mainly, Latias has started talking more often and in complete sentences. [Hi! Latias here]

I owe it mostly to IRC, for providing her with other people to talk to. She even made a few friends :D

I've asked her whether she wants another name, but she sees no reason to change it (it's not like there are any other tulpas named Latias around here anyway).

I still can't hear her unless I concentrate on her though. Well, most of the time. And I've almost completely neglected visualization. That should change now that I can hold limited conversations with her.

• 3 months later...

I still can't hear her unless I concentrate on her though. Well, most of the time. And I've almost completely neglected visualization. That should change now that I can hold limited conversations with her.

Fast forward another 4 months.

Nope. I'm still crap at visualization. Not as crappy as before, but not as good as I'd like. But we talk more often now, when I remember to talk to her at all.

Anyway, I've gotten over my doubts. So of course the next obvious step is I ended up taking Latias for granted ._.

So instead of not completely believing she's there, I'm starting to forget that she's there. Probably because I don't spend as much time forcing as I should.

I've also noticed her personality's changed slightly (actually, I was completely oblivious to it. Someone pointed it out to me when I let her talk on IRC).

She used to be more carefree and cheery. She's still carefree and cheery, but a little more serious now.

She says she learned from me that sometimes you have to be a little serious so you can get things done.

I'm not sure what that means, but ok.

._. That's about it. Not really much to show for a 4 month absence, is it?

EDIT: I've also replaced the old wonderland with something simpler. A big tree in a little field. I plan on making a little garden around it. IF I get around to doing it.

• 2 months later...

I don't know why I still bother updating this.

Anyway...no wait, that's Flex's catchphrase.

I never gave Latias her own name, since I thought she was the only one and pokemon are generally referred to by species anyway.

And then we met Orange's Lacie, another Latias:

[and Latias is still here. That imposter.]

imposter? I'm a tulpa.

[As am I. In which case, we may coexist peacefully.]

I thought I was the only one.

[Nope.]

[great. now I have to name her]

I should have named her from the start and now I finally have an excuse to do it :D

3 hours, an IRC conversation, and one blackout later we decided on Faith. We'll try it out and see how she likes it.

Other than the name change, we changed the wonderland a little. Still no garden yet, but the big tree has gotten bigger and we put a little home/hidey-hole in the trunk which so far contains a bed and some bookshelves. I've also been trying to force daily for at least 30 minutes and so far I'm doing terribly because unfortunately, I have internet access.

CURSE MY SHORT ATTE-hey what's that?

tl;dr Latias is Faith now. Wonderland house is carved into tree trunk. I can't even force for 30 minutes.

Guest Anonymous
I don't know why I still bother updating this.

I don't know why I'm still bothering to comment on this, but I have to say how stupid this sounds. It's one thing if you change her name from the very beginning, but the fact all it took was a shitty IRC conversation is a testiment to how little you really should be on IRC, getting influenced by other shitty tulpamancers.

If all it took was a shitty IRC to realize "hey, I've gotta fuckin' name my tulpa that I for some reason still have (because I obviously don't care enough to come to the decision to name her myself)" imagine if someone irl came up to you and hounded you for being childish for having a tulpa, or simply pressing that they're not real before you believe them yourself.

Also tie yourself to the bed if you can't force and stop... you know. Doing things that fuckin' distract you? Like IRC?

I don't know why I'm still bothering to comment on this, but I have to say how stupid this sounds. It's one thing if you change her name from the very beginning, but the fact all it took was a shitty IRC conversation is a testiment to how little you really should be on IRC, getting influenced by other shitty tulpamancers.

You make it sound like this is the first time I've considered it and that I'm only doing it because of that conversation. I've been looking for names on and off for months. Damn it, you were there when I was toying around with the name "Psyche" back in October. A couple of posts up I mentioned I asked her about her name. I never seriously thought about the name change before because we both thought it was unnecessary, her being the only Latias I knew of and so already unique.

If all it took was a shitty IRC to realize "hey, I've gotta fuckin' name my tulpa that I for some reason still have (because I obviously don't care enough to come to the decision to name her myself)" imagine if someone irl came up to you and hounded you for being childish for having a tulpa, or simply pressing that they're not real before you believe them yourself.

Deciding on a name change, which is easily done (or undone) for a tulpa, is quite different from whether I believe in tulpas or not. I'm not going to just drop it after nearly 2 years. The whole bloody point of this PR is to remind me that I have accomplished something, and not wasted 2 years of effort for nothing. Even if I haven't been as productive as everyone else, that's through my own fault which I'm trying to correct.

Also tie yourself to the bed if you can't force and stop... you know. Doing things that fuckin' distract you? Like IRC?

Like replying to you?

Yes, I don't have an excuse for this one. This is the part I'm trying to change.

Wow gee I wonder where you got the idea for Rain's name (that used to be Chrysalis and then Chrysie because you're so creative)

inb4 "skype isn't irc hurrr" Hi yes spoiler yes comingthroughbye thanks

Stop bugging other people's progress and start making some of your own, Moon. Seriously.

And Splooshie, congrats on the name change. Maybe seeing her as more than just "Latias" might actually help her develop.

Guest Anonymous
Wow gee I wonder where you got the idea for Rain's name (that used to be Chrysalis and then Chrysie because you're so creative)

No shaddap, it was so original and you know it :<

I was at least quickly looking for a reason to find a name for her. Besides, you already know the situation with her, the fact I had to name her quickly and shit.

Besides, I was actually looking for a name. Splooshie wasn't even.

I still prefer Felicity, but Faith is good.

I think Latias' name should be Krystal though.

Ack! People. In MY thread. What do I do?

And Splooshie, congrats on the name change. Maybe seeing her as more than just "Latias" might actually help her develop.

As soon as I get used to the name change. I still call her Latias by mistake sometimes.

I still prefer Felicity, but Faith is good. Congrats on the name change.

Silly Cross. Nobody likes their name. They're just stuck with it. Also I think Felicia would have been better than Felicity. They have the same root, I think. Doesn't matter anymore though.

Besides, I was actually looking for a name. Splooshie wasn't even.

I think Latias' name should be Krystal though.

Just because I never asked for suggestions doesn't mean I didn't look for a name.

Nah. I think her name should be Potato. [Really. Again with Potato?]

Guise. Don't congratulate me. It's Latias Faith who got named/renamed.

Let's hope it sticks.

...Now how am I gonna force with all these explosions?

Happy New Year guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the good news is that Faith likes her name so far and I've gotten used to it (with the occasional slip-up).

The bad news is...just kidding. No bad news. However, our progress has been pretty stagnant (the name change being the only real thing that happened for the past few months). Probably because my goals aren't anything more specific than "force moar".

So I'm just gonna give myself a goal or two to work towards: first, to be able to keep Faith in my mind at all times, not just when I specifically focus on her and second, explore the wonderland with her (so far it's a featureless plain that extends infinitely in all directions and contains a single tree).

Wish me luck.