glitchthe3rd's Tulpaforcing Misadventures

glitchthe3rd

OK, because there seems to be some confusion regarding my tulpas' identities, I figure I'll write up some quick character bios. Refer to this link for my tulpas' appearances: http://pastebin.com/TgM0BXHd

Luna: Created in 2006, she wandered my unconscious for 3 years when I forgot about her, but then re-emerged into my conscious mind a year ago to help deal with some unruly servitors and one very pissed off pseudo-tulpa. She has nothing to do with Princess Luna from My Little Pony, and I will bite the head off of the next person to ask me about it. OK so maybe I can't legally do that, but seriously, stop asking.

Anyway... she thinks video games are largely a waste of time, unless they contribute to some useful IRL skill. Her emotional states are also governed by the phase of the moon, so when it's full, watch out! Other than that, the only thing I find worthy of sharing is that she's very lazy, and mostly keeps to herself (unless she gets some NICE IDEA, in which case she's all business all the time).

Enigma: A servitor I whipped up to assume responsibility for the stuff Luna used to be in charge of, so that she didn't feel obligated to help me with my problems or anything. Has no form, but is a disembodied, female-sounding computerized voice that manifests itself as an augmented reality overlay on top of my vision. Keeps track of my schedule, contains my thesaurus and knowledge base, and performs several other servitor-based functions. Can also do a lot of other stuff, like tracking my body temperature, forecasting the weather for the next 24 hours, etc.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who got to read the story!? I need closure!

Me >:D

Luna was all, "Well she told us who she wants to read the story herself, didn't she?" But the full moon is in a few days, so I'm sure she'll be getting me back for this soon enough.

My progress report

You said you have Enigma as a servitor. And she is an augmented overlay on top of your vision? Like a HUD?

Exactly, it's like having a HUD. It also rearranges itself as necessary, but the base form is something similar to Samus' Combat Visor in the Metroid Prime games.

My progress report

And you see that all the time?

Is the data accurate?

Not all the time, just when I need it. And it's more or less based on subjectivity, i.e. energy is treated as a percentage rather than a number.

My progress report

How long did it take you to set it up?

Is it useful? I can't really see it being more than a gimmick, it can't show you anything you don't already know.

One other sort of unrelated questions I just remembered- Has Luna ever been in front of you or whatever and you have missed something behind her? Like has she ever blocked the tv or been in front of someone trying to wave you over for example?

frt

Jegus, that HUD sounds incredibly useful for things like what I do. Idea steal, engage.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

How long did it take you to set it up?

Is it useful? I can't really see it being more than a gimmick, it can't show you anything you don't already know.

One other sort of unrelated questions I just remembered- Has Luna ever been in front of you or whatever and you have missed something behind her? Like has she ever blocked the tv or been in front of someone trying to wave you over for example?

About 30 minutes to set it up, most of the usefulness of it comes from the servitor-based functions (like keeping track of my schedule for me or accessing memories).

No, she's not imposed to the point that she can block my vision. If she is in my way she turns transparent.

My progress report