Differentiating between Metaphysics/Philosophy and Spirituality/Parapsychology

Asgardian

One thing that has always bothered me in this community is, how much metaphysics and spirituality are crammed into the same corner. The difference is in reality enormous. Furthermore does it make serious and legit philosophical discussion hard to do.

Metaphysics is a major and traditional branch of philosophy, dealing with the fundamental nature of being and the world in a philosophical and serious manner, and often tries to look at what is beyond the physical reality. It knows its place as school with partially hard/impossible to prove hypothesis and does not necessarily disagree with naturalistic worldviews.

Parapsychology is the research of paranormal phenomena, and spirituality is the belief, and just that a belief, of an ultimate immaterial reality.

Having this cleared up, I would like to suggest splitting them.

My proposal is to have a Philosophy/Metaphysics and a Spirituality/Parapsychology board, separating them by definition and finally creating room for philosophical discussion, particularly detached from spirituality.

Comments, input, objections?

"Sorry for that, my communication implants are idiologically biased."

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont.

Just put your topic in the thread and mark it with whatevs.

Yeah, why not remove sections altogether and just mark the thread?

See, I think you are just entirely missing the point of this thread, there is a fundamental difference most people here blissfully ignore. Furthermore do many people seem to frown upon spirituality, making cramming productive philosophy into the same section all that worse.

Yeah, why not remove sections altogether and just mark the thread?

See, I think you are just entirely missing the point of this thread, there is a fundamental difference most people here blissfully ignore. Furthermore do many people seem to frown upon spirituality, making cramming productive philosophy into the same section all that worse.

I do none of those, i approve of spirituality and i enjoy philosophy a lot.

I just dont see why we cant put [philos] or [methos] or something in the topic field?

Ayo grill how you be?

I do none of those, i approve of spirituality and i enjoy philosophy a lot.

I just dont see why we cant put [philos] or [methos] or something in the topic field?

Too bad the community is not just about you.

Grouping Metaphysics and Parapsychology was a bad idea in the first place, a misnomer to get rid of the spiritual people in the rest of the forum. And that is exactly what this board is.

I wish for a philosophical board without stigmata and forced spirituality.

If you can't see one, then reread previous posts and tell us why the reasons stated aren't good at least.