Am I ready to make a tulpa?

oliveplatypus

Sounds a lot like my reasons.

Well that's good. :)

Honestly, I feel like there's a part of me that's already decided that I want to try this, but for some reason I'm still dragging my feet.... :/

Did any of you have any doubts when you created your tulpas?

"Doubts?" I had many grievances and issues as to the nature of tulpa, some of which remain to this day. I made a thread which lasted for several days and 4 pages in which I sorted out these grievances with members of the community. I sought knowledge for moral, spiritual, and scientific perspective. I did not find most of the answers I sought, but I found enough to reasonably marginalize my discomfort to the point I decided that I would indeed make a tulpa. Ultimately this is a new field of study, and we will find out more about it as we go along, but answers to most questions elude us at this time. You have to be okay with that, and be willing to work with the small bits that we DO know. I was.

Figure out why you're "dragging your feet" and maybe ask us some questions, here or in IRC or whatever and we'll be happy to tell you what we can.

Guest ThunderClap

Did any of you have any doubts when you created your tulpas?

Nope. From the start I believed that my tulpa existed. Even when she wasn't talking to me I believed she was there. In times when I thought that she wasn't there at all, I just believed harder.

As long as you always believe they exist, they will exist. No matter what.

• 4 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Have you made your sacrifice to tulpa god yet?

I hate comparing the two, but I'm going to compare a tulpa to a dog. You've got to take care of the dog everyday, and give them love and attention or else they will die. If you can take care of a dog, then you can take care of a tulpa. Man, that sounds bad, for a number of reasons, but I think you get the idea.

• 1 year later...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

If you are nervous just wait. There's no hurry to start.

If more tulpa makers took a responsible attitude like you have done many tulpas would be much better off and there'd be a lot less trauma in the community (just my opinion, as is everything I write).

Yes, having doubts is normal. Even after 40 years some tulpa makers still have doubts. The think is, keep it in perspective, don't obsess over your doubt.

I'm not going to try and convince you to not make a tulpa -- in my experience that has the opposite effect. (I'm really bad at convincing people that making a tulpa is a bad idea for some reason. *hehe*)

So, if nervous or afraid, wait. Think of it from a tulpa's perspective: suppose the only person you can talk to is nervous about you or even afraid of you - that kind of sucks. Myself, I wouldn't enjoy that at all.

Be well, o.k.?

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.