Just a fun and quick experiment.

motorheadlk

Okay we just did this.

My baseline is spinning CW. And I am still most comfortable with seeing it spinning that way. However if I focus a bit, I can change the direction to CCW. If I loosen my focus again it goes back to spinning CW. Opening and closing my eyes or doing other nonsense doesn't really help.

If I look elsewhere (so the GIF is in my peripheral vision) it doesn't appear to be spinning at all. It's more like a back and forth motion.

Now when I asked Ayrion to change the direction while directly looking at it, it pretty much changed direction instantly. I got excited and kept bugging him to change it until we got it to only do 180° spins back and forth (but I could "feel" the thinking work involved with this, so we didn't keep it up long, also my eyes were making tiny saccades at every change).

This was a fun experiment.

'Ayrion' - White Dragon - * Feb 21 2013 - ☑Form ☑Mindvoice ☐Activity/Independance

Either talks between ' ' or [ ]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I remember I saw this gif in ads that where something along the lines "in wich direction is the ballerina spinning? win stuff!" XD

Anyway, I asked Lea to change the direction and after a couple of seconds it flipped around so quickly it almost scared me ;D

Cool experiment!

Wow, that was surprising.

At first I saw it going CW, but then I started in all ways to make it spin CCW, but it took much time to do that.

After a while, I just asked my tulpa to change the direction, it immediately changed. I asked it again, and again without any problem it changed.

And then he laughed.

Pretty cool.

For those of you having trouble getting her to switch, this is what I've found out works best for me.

Look at her foot, that is touching the floor. You see it spinning. However, recognize the FACT that the foot is not spinning around, but moving back and forth. Once you get yourself to see it that way, stop paying attention to the foot, once it starts going the way you want it to.

You might not get it at first, it might take a minute.

But once you really get it, you can make her switch at will, at any time.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."