So... I'm Kinda Stumped.

Dashie

Heya everyone!

About five days ago I started trying to create a Tulpa. I've read up on about all the guides I can find and everything.... However, I don't think I've seen any progress.

Basically, I haven't been able to visualize a single thing. Haven't even been able to make a wonderland. I've tried as many different things I can think of to help, but I always come up short. I've even tried listening to "binaural beats" while forcing. Still no visible results.

The one thing I feel like I HAVE been working with to an extent is using whatever method it is in that guide by Fede. I've been picturing my tulpa with me at all times. I feel like she's actually there, even though I can't actually see her. Ever since I started doing that, I've had a consistent headache. Pretty much non-stop. Is this good? Should I try to keep this up?

Anyhoo. Anyone have any advice about what I should do? I know everyone says to not doubt anything or it won't work. But I'm really discouraged now...

Thanks!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visualization is hard. It took me a while before I could visualize anything properly. I had to spend a lot of time practicing visualizing before I was able to visualize my tulpa. Things like memories(imagine your room, or a video game level you know well, a pet, a beach, an object you are holding) and remember that visualization doesn't happen on the back of your eyelids. You aren't seeing it, you're thinking it. With time it becomes clear and vivid. But that's not important for right now, you can be terrible at visualization and still end up with a tulpa.

Headaches often mean your mind is thinking pretty hard, it's pretty much a common sign of progress, your mind is getting used to the idea that someone else is around you.

Instead of worrying so much about seeing her, focus on feeling her. Think of the idea of who she is, talk to her directly, even if you can't see her. Feel the idea that you are together with her. It will get better. You have nowhere to go but up!

I've actually been talking to her as much as possible. I think I might have gotten a slight emotional response once... Not sure. Do I have to talk out loud though? Because I've basically just been using mind-speak with her.

You don't have to talk out loud. We use mindspeak most of the time.

If you aren't sure, it probably was her. Just keep introducing her to new things, new experiences, and give her new chances to communicate with you. head pressure and emotional reactions are the most common early responses seen, even with a tulpa who has no physical form.

Visualisaion was damn near impossible for me. Took me a few weeks and a ton of deviations to make it easier for my mind to visualise, so I wouldn't be discouraged this early on :) And headaches, (oh god, my headaches .-.) are perfectly normal, fret not. You're making better progress than I did when I started, so hang in there!

Tulpa: Liviana (Colgate)

Form: Pony (My avatar)

Progress: Imposed

Five days is nothing really. Visualization is not important either, use your mind's eye if you cant actually visualize. Wonderland is a good place for concentration, but you actually should put some thoughts into making it maybe later on, I did mine very late and it's still plays kind of minor part. Keep going with feeling your tulpa near you all the time, its one of the best things I did for a whole forcing part.

Visualization may be hard early, especially if you have no previous background in visualizing. But it will get better over time (everything gets better with time if you're consistent about it). Also, remember that you're only five days in. The biggest problem is that people expect lots of stuff while it's supposed to develop later. Don't rush it and don't worry about the creation process that much. Just use your early enthusiasm to your advantage.

I have one more question. When I'm working on personality, how can I know for sure if I've forced a trait enough that it'll stick?

I've basically just been doing the method where you tell them the trait and such while you force. (i.e., "You are x, blah blah blah.)

I'm no expert, (I'm on the personality stage as well) and I'm using the same method as you, but for me, I'd think the trait was forced enough when I've given it a fair amount of thought (some traits I've spent almost an hour on!) and thought absoloutely all I could about that certain trait, and described it to my Tulpa; until I turned up nothing else to say on it.

Tulpa name: Octavia

Form: yet another pony tulpa

Date of creation: Wednesday, November 7th, 2012

Stage: Visualization