Tips for those who are getting "parrotnoid".

OldDrunkBastard

Question

By parrotnoid, I mean thinking that you're parroting your tulpa when you're actually not, and that nerve-wracking feeling you get when your tulpa's reply feels like you created it a split second before hearing it, and you're scared to death and you's is like "Err mah gerd, Ah'm gonnuh create a serviter!". Well, I made this guide because I had the same problem, and it seems to be pretty prevalent here at Tulpa.info, so I guess I'll take a crack at it, and address some of the top concerns I've seen.

- "It feels like I always know what he/she is going to say": That's because you know your tulpa. It's like when you know a friend and their personality really well, and you have a general idea as to what they'll say in reply to something you say. This is even more so with a tulpa, because you know their exact personalities. Expectation is not parroting.

- "I'm scared that I'm parroting.": K, 9/10 times, if you're worried that you're parroting, you're probably not. Parroting is a 100% deliberate process, that can only be done by fully conscious action. As far as I know, there's no such thing as "sub-conscious parroting".

- "I feel as if I'm creating their reply a split second before I hear it.": Well, that's not you creating it. In the early days of tulpaforcing, this is normal. It's simply your mind and your tulpa computing, taking what they know of the tulpa's personality, and plugging that in to figure out how they'll reply. This will be conquered in time, fret not.

- "HELPZ, I'z worried! Am I going to create a servitor?!?!?": No. It's up for debate about the nature of servitors and whether or not they can become full-blown tulpae, but if you're not trying to make a servitor, then you're not. If you're that worried about it, then you've devoted way to much love and affection for your tulpa to ever become a servitor.

"It seems as if the response was theirs, but I hear MY mind voice. Is this parroting?": Nope. All this means is that their vocality isn't finished. If you haven't worked on their vocality much, this is perfectly normal ^_^ You can try speech exercises for this, or just wait for it to develope by itself. Either way, try not to get discouraged by this, as it, like many other obstacles in the path of tulpa creation, will be conquered in time.

Hope this helps anyone with this problem. Questions, comments, concerns, feel free to leave them.

Parrot-001.jpg

Tulpa: Liviana (Colgate)

Form: Pony (My avatar)

Progress: Imposed

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I honestly don't think this is a guide.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Tips and tricks, would belong better in "General Discussion" or in a "Tips and Tricks" sub-forum.

That said, I'm somewhat skeptical about the usefulness of some of these tips - I've already talked about these issues in other threads, and I don't really feel like reiterating them. Search my post history if you must know.

They're just tips, and honestly, with how GAT seems to have a patched up standard on what's really guides now (especially with the inevitable "critique" in guise of in-group favoritism and criticism without suggestions to help improve the guide submissions), it's best to have a Tips and Tricks sub-forum as well or something instead of having most being moved to General Discussion.

If this or any other "guides" that get branded as tips and tricks/pile of information/referring-to-other-guides-and-giving-common-sense-logic-on-overviews-with-tulpa-related-concepts, they'll have to be stickied in General Discussion or even the Newcomer section to prevent the advice from being drowned out with the repeated concepts on concerns related to tulpas and all that.

Not really a guide, but useful information for anyone with a cognitive dissonance that has predispositions of focusing only on the worst case scenario. Since most of the conflicts these tips are catered for is for people to eventually convince themselves that the tulpa will eventually have fluency in their speeches so frequent that it would be an understatement to assume it's automatic parroting and such.

I personally disagree with these kinds of threads being moved to General Discussion, and would rather these tip compilations be rated on the basis of quality and helpfulness. Also keep in mind that while a lot of us are at least considered intermediate forcers by the community, that some of these are made for newcomers. This does not disqualify it from being in the Guides section.

I have already contacted Pleeb about creating a [Tips] tag for the Guides and Guide Submissions section. While these kinds of compilations may not be a full guide, they should still be approvable given they express the same quality and helpfulness as a guide that would get approved.

And with that I'm going to say, at present I personally disapprove of this. My main concern is just some of the colloquial language and emoticons. Another concern of mine is probably due to the fact this was written a year ago, but some of the servitor issues aren't as valid as they are today. For example, the guide says it's up for debate whether servitors can become full-blown tulpas, but I think that history has shown servitors can easily become tulpas. It has also been shown that parroting can be beneficial for a tulpa's independence. Too much of this is old information to be approved, and there are newer guides that tackle these issues better.

WTB: Rare Tulpas

It's not a guide, it's more of advice. It should be in some kind of separate section: Maybe a subsection of guides called "General Advice" or something,although that's pretty vague?

"There is no abiding success without commitment." - Tony Robbins

"Commitment is an act, not a word." - Jean-Paul Satre

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans." - Peter Drucker

"Branded" as tips and tricks, Linkzelda? Removed from the guide section? There's nothing bad in that. What's bad is the attitude of people thinking that is bad. There's nothing wrong about your submission not being a guide as long as it has been written properly and has good advice. Having written your own guide shouldn't give you such an e-peen boost. You can be just as proud about what you made whether or not it's in the guides forum or not.

Oh right people never use the search function and everything not stickied would get lost forever.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

"Branded" as tips and tricks, Linkzelda? Removed from the guide section? There's nothing bad in that. What's bad is the attitude of people thinking that is bad. There's nothing wrong about your submission not being a guide as long as it has been written properly and has good advice.

Oh, there wasn't any implications that it was a bad thing if you were implying that I was feeling that way, but if not, no worries. It was mostly just for organizing the submissions accordingly.

I have nothing against with people's suggestions for some of the content to be labeled as tips and tricks and such. Whatever is good for the community in general is more important in the end, and even if I were to harbor that presumed attitude, it wouldn't be anything significant to change the system or anything of that nature. Same goes for anyone else in general of course.

Having written your own guide shouldn't give you such an e-peen boost. You can be just as proud about what you made whether or not it's in the guides forum or not.

Thanks for the insight, though I don't know where you've gotten that implication if it was directed at me of course. Maybe you assumed I had confidence issues with things I've posted in the past, or you were just trying to console me or something. Either way, thanks for the insight, even though nothing I've stated/posted/discussed in the past gave me insatiable gratification or anything like that.

Oh right people never use the search function and everything not stickied would get lost forever.

Agreed, it's not even difficult to use in the first place.

Nah, the "you" I used there was a plural you so don't worry about that. It's just the attitude I'm sorta smelling around the guide submissions in general.

I think stuff like this is General Discussion. Because it should be discussed, they're ideas and hints someone shows us and we should also add our own to the mix. But I think that such helpful threads should be able to be tagged assuming our search function can search tags, not just if they're guides. That way you could also find tons of these tips and tricks threads when you just search for the needed tag.

Oh right, going back to searching again. Whoops. That's where all my ideas will crash.