What did the tibetans knew about tulpae?

motorheadlk

Start searching from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iṣṭha-deva(tā)_(Buddhism)

Use keywords and links to google additional information. No, don't use David-Neel as a reliable source, because it isn't. When you are learning C++ or neuroscience you aren't using cyberpunk fiction as a reliable source of information.

The problem with tibetian buddhism and tulpae is that tulpae are only small part of buddhism. Its not a goal of buddhism, but only a tool used in some techniques. And they have alot of different techniques. The next problem is that many techniques require assistance of guide/teacher to get results faster, to get understanding. Most of techniques aren't secret. It's the same problem as with psychological trainings or hypnosis. Just reading about it and understanding something will not teach you how to do it. Individual process of learning and understanding requires help of someone with experience. Though it doesn't mean its mandatory. But it helps. Buddhism has a very clear and simple concept.

You will not find books "Buddhism: how to make tulpa in 3 days!" Because its not the goal. But you will find some similar techniques in books ABOUT buddhism. When you practice some techniques from buddhism, you will acquire skills needed to create tulpa. But it doesn't mean you ever will use your skills to create one.

Best bet is to read translations and comments to sutras, interpretations from experienced buddhists. And of course talk to buddhists. Don't expect that you will find one simple technique to create tulpa without learning about other parts of buddhism. Buddhism is a way, and you will have to walk all the way without skiping any step required.

I read comments to sutras, some explanations to techniques, but not in english. So I can't help you with links, but I am sure you can find such information in english, because buddhism is a very popular concept among english speaking population.

Buddhism gives much more than just creating tulpa. And it is a problem for many of us.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irish and Dane basically read the stupid creepypastas and thought about their tulpas all day

Sounds legit.

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

Start searching from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iṣṭha-deva(tā)_(Buddhism)

Use keywords and links to google additional information. No, don't use David-Neel as a reliable source, because it isn't. When you are learning C++ or neuroscience you aren't using cyberpunk fiction as a reliable source of information.

The problem with tibetian buddhism and tulpae is that tulpae are only small part of buddhism. Its not a goal of buddhism, but only a tool used in some techniques. And they have alot of different techniques. The next problem is that many techniques require assistance of guide/teacher to get results faster, to get understanding. Most of techniques aren't secret. It's the same problem as with psychological trainings or hypnosis. Just reading about it and understanding something will not teach you how to do it. Individual process of learning and understanding requires help of someone with experience. Though it doesn't mean its mandatory. But it helps. Buddhism has a very clear and simple concept.

You will not find books "Buddhism: how to make tulpa in 3 days!" Because its not the goal. But you will find some similar techniques in books ABOUT buddhism. When you practice some techniques from buddhism, you will acquire skills needed to create tulpa. But it doesn't mean you ever will use your skills to create one.

Best bet is to read translations and comments to sutras, interpretations from experienced buddhists. And of course talk to buddhists. Don't expect that you will find one simple technique to create tulpa without learning about other parts of buddhism. Buddhism is a way, and you will have to walk all the way without skiping any step required.

I read comments to sutras, some explanations to techniques, but not in english. So I can't help you with links, but I am sure you can find such information in english, because buddhism is a very popular concept among english speaking population.

Buddhism gives much more than just creating tulpa. And it is a problem for many of us.

Thanks for all the info, as much as I'd like to know more about buddhism, there's simply not enough time dealing with my tulpa and everything else going in my life, I was looking for direct information regarding medidations aimed at the creation of a tulpa. I know buddhism is something really larger than just that, and that's actually why I can't read entire books about buddhist meditation looking for the specific one that will point me to a tulpaforcing technique, if however it could be narrowed down to one book that contains this info, I would be glad to hear about it and of course read it.

When I created this thread I was trying to look for people who knew some books about this, specifically. What I know from research is that the first man to translate tulpa into thoughtform is Walter Evans-Wentz, and I know it's on his book "The tibetan book of the great liberation", but it seems it's only an aforism, nothing that really points to anything that I'm looking for, like the meditation technique that they used.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

Tulpa.Info is the leading resource for a psychological approach to the Tulpae Phenomenon.

Seriously. Aside from the Tibetans, who aren't giving up their secrets, this is the best place I have found that treats the topic seriously. Unless you count a creepy pasta and metaphysical explanations as serious.

Seriously. Aside from the Tibetans, who aren't giving up their secrets, this is the best place I have found that treats the topic seriously. Unless you count a creepy pasta and metaphysical explanations as serious.

If you don't take metaphysical explanations seriously, then the Tibetans aren't the ones to ask about it either.

If you don't take metaphysical explanations seriously, then the Tibetans aren't the ones to ask about it either.

They're the exception. They invented tulpae in the first place.

I wonder what kind of tulpae monks make, in terms of form at least; somehow I doubt they make ponies.

Maybe they didn't. Have forms, I mean. Maybe they just created disembodied voices.

I'm also interested about this. There doesn't seem to be that much literature on the subject.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

Tibetians don't hide anything (except very few techniques you will not be interested in anyway). But they don't name their techniques "How to Make tulpa in 3 days". This is an example of one of the visualizations used in similar to tulpaforcing techniques. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/3264282445_b846512fcb.jpg

They also create thing similar to wonderland, as you can see in this image. Techniques aren't that difficult. What is difficult is acquiring skills to perform techniques. Learning meditation, applying buddhists concepts to meditation. You can't skip these steps. Also another keyword for googling about it - tantra.