Research for a story

ani_cat_candy

Should I keep trying to write the story?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I keep trying to write the story?

• Yes. Keep working on it.
    • No. You suck.

I don't want to read a story about a tulpae who licks his balls, eats mice and sleeps in all day around the house.

"oh dont lie, i know you would do it if you had the agility~" pentium-

Ayo grill how you be?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to read a story about a tulpae who licks his balls, eats mice and sleeps in all day around the house.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

He was inspired by Assassin's Creed. La Volpe (head of the Florence and Rome thieves guilds) Found, raised and trained him.

His full name, Il Gatto (yes he has a real name, but this is what he prefers) is Italian and means 'The Cat' as La Volpe means 'The Fox'

El Gatto would be Spanish.

He's called that because of his stealthy movements, wit and fighting style always being likened to a cat.. Not because of that ^, sir.. Although he can be quite lazy.. And does enjoy catnip.. and does occasionally turn into a cat and do the things you mentioned.. God, he loves chasing laser pointers..

*cowers behind my largest/strongest/most intimidating Tulpae* Please don't go bitching at me for making up a back story for any of them.. I didn't know what I was doing at the time. They know it's not real and have tweaked a few details themselves.. I also give them freedom to change their forms from the character I based them off of, but they like them and hardly ever make any changes (even temporary)

You don't win a war by dyeing for your country,

You make them die for theirs

So I say

Kill them all and let God sort 'em out!

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

He was inspired by Assassin's Creed. La Volpe (head of the Florence and Rome thieves guilds) Found, raised and trained him.

His full name, Il Gatto (yes he has a real name, but this is what he prefers) is Italian and means 'The Cat' as La Volpe means 'The Fox'

El Gatto would be Spanish.

He's called that because of his stealthy movements, wit and fighting style always being likened to a cat.. Not because of that ^, sir.. Although he can be quite lazy.. And does enjoy catnip.. and does occasionally turn into a cat and do the things you mentioned.. God, he loves chasing laser pointers..

*cowers behind my largest/strongest/most intimidating Tulpae* Please don't go bitching at me for making up a back story for any of them.. I didn't know what I was doing at the time. They know it's not real and have tweaked a few details themselves.. I also give them freedom to change their forms from the character I based them off of, but they like them and hardly ever make any changes (even temporary)

you did what?

there is nothing wrong with making backstories.

Ayo grill how you be?

you did what?

there is nothing wrong with making backstories.

You are misinformed, partly. Making backstories for tulpae is like your own parents lying to you. A tupper learning that their backstory isn't true is like your parents telling you you are adopted. It's not something you just do for the hell of it.

However I can't think of any cases (that are reliable) where a tupper has been super sad over finding out their backstory is false.

Just don't do it. It's not true whatever the story is and it certainly doesn't help anything.

frt

You are misinformed, partly. Making backstories for tulpae is like your own parents lying to you. A tupper learning that their backstory isn't true is like your parents telling you you are adopted. It's not something you just do for the hell of it.

However I can't think of any cases (that are reliable) where a tupper has been super sad over finding out their backstory is false.

Just don't do it. It's not true whatever the story is and it certainly doesn't help anything.

But they have the same memories as you do! They know everything you know.

Also, i would put it on the same line as personality shaping. People are shaped by their past, thus making a fictive past is making a personality.

Ayo grill how you be?

So you expect to be able to tell your tulpa a story to shape their personality while also knowing that they can read your memories and know that you are lying to them?

Well, yes. kindof.

What im saying is that you give the tulpa the neccesary information needed to turn into what you wanted to, and then the tulpa decides how much he/she/it wants to follow that plan.

The tulpa usually wants the best for the host.

Ayo grill how you be?

I don't think you need to highlight the road that you want them to take with a full backstory and then tell them "but yeah, do whatever you want really, it's up to you in the end, but here's an entire fake history I made up for you"

as you drool over them a rabid dog with a herpes infested boner.

Make a tulpa. End of story.

frt

I don't think you need to highlight the road that you want them to take with a full backstory and then tell them "but yeah, do whatever you want really, it's up to you in the end, but here's an entire fake history I made up for you"

You don't need to tell them , they'll do what they want anyway.