ani_cat_candy

Research for a story

Should I keep trying to write the story?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I keep trying to write the story?

• Yes. Keep working on it.
    • No. You suck.

I don't think you need to highlight the road that you want them to take with a full backstory and then tell them "but yeah, do whatever you want really, it's up to you in the end, but here's an entire fake history I made up for you"

as you drool over them a rabid dog with a herpes infested boner.

Make a tulpa. End of story.

haha.

well, its up to every forcer how they force their tupper.

You don't need to tell them , they'll do what they want anyway.

yes, they will.

Ayo grill how you be?

If you don't tell them then what's the point of it? If they don't find out theres no point, if they do then shit can hit the fan.

They do find out, but they go like "ok, thats what he/she would like me to do" and then they ask if they want it too. if yes, they act like it.

EasyPiecyBurgerMcCheesy.

Ayo grill how you be?

Maybe mine were so accepting and happy with the back stories because I always projected the idea or feeling of 'let's play pretend' whenever I thought about any of it or unintentionally worked on my tulpae.. So they knew from the start not to take any of it seriously..

You don't win a war by dyeing for your country,

You make them die for theirs

So I say

Kill them all and let God sort 'em out!

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

They do find out, but they go like "ok, thats what he/she would like me to do" and then they ask if they want it too. if yes, they act like it.

EasyPiecyBurgerMcCheesy.

assuming your tuppers like the story. If they don't then they are forced to choose between disappointing you by ignoring it or having to live like someone they aren't.

You ever wonder why parents don't make up backstories for their newborn babies?

frt

You ever wonder why parents don't make up backstories for their newborn babies?

Because it's fantasy.

Candy here made her tulpas out of fantasy, and as a result they will conform to it. Regardless of whether or not they are sentient, they will behave unrealistically because that was the guideline set down. It's a little discomforting when you think that they are probably sentient in themselves, and yet must conform to a young girl's fantasy/ideal.

That aside, backstory is fine, but not to be taken seriously.

My view is that once tulpae gain sentience, they no longer have to conform to anything. The way I treated and made mine was with this mindset. I'm just building the house to regulations- the furnishings and furniture and paint etc are all not up to me. I don't feel like I ever had to make up a backstory for whatever reason other than it's a cool idea to do, like playing pretend with your friends.

I'm saying that if you or anyone made a tulpa with a backstory and the tulpa found out, then they would feel like they would either have to conform to it or go against it and feel bad for doing so.

It's a little discomforting when you think that they are probably sentient in themselves, and yet must conform to a young girl's fantasy/ideal.

That aside, backstory is fine, but not to be taken seriously.

I never said anything about all tulpae thinking they had to conform to whatever backstory they are handed because the host is almighty. My tulpae certainly don't view me as almighty, all knowing and superior. But some might be a little less independent and feel like they are doing their host wrong by going against a made up backstory.

frt

I never said anything about all tulpae thinking they had to conform to whatever backstory they are handed because the host is almighty. My tulpae certainly don't view me as almighty, all knowing and superior. But some might be a little less independent and feel like they are doing their host wrong by going against a made up backstory.

I went off on a bit of a tangent there; I was talking more about conforming to personality or character.

Well I would agree with you then. Setting up a whole personality for your tulpa is borderline obscene. Sure there are guides that mention personality trait lists and what not, but these are always guidelines and I'm pretty sure next to no one actually uses lists anymore.

I did, but it never actually helped looking back on it, and my second tupper ended up just fine and dandy without one.

frt

Well I would agree with you then. Setting up a whole personality for your tulpa is borderline obscene. Sure there are guides that mention personality trait lists and what not, but these are always guidelines and I'm pretty sure next to no one actually uses lists anymore.

I did, but it never actually helped looking back on it, and my second tupper ended up just fine and dandy without one.

Really? I used Dane's template in August, and I'm pretty sure most people still outline a personality. I'd be really surprised if this wasn't the case.